Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E Forty Six

Default E Forty Six

well.

there is no fitment yet i am sorry but bare with me.

some of you may remember my old car my citroen c2.

well it was time to move on to a bigger car.

picked up an e46 325ci

lots of optional extras but unfortunately the day after i got the car i went into work and lost my job, i got made redundent.

work had to pay me off with a nice sum of money and on a high note i managed to get myself a new job, a better job, on more money, less hours, and closer to home. so win win win win situation.

you may notice it has a M3 front bumper (soon to get the plate recess removed) and has M6 wheels (which i hate and will be going)

first thing i done was painted the kidney grills and the fog light surrounds to satin black to get rid of some of the chrome.

also it has an incar computer but it doesnt work and was annoying me so i ripped it out and i got some audio treats to go in.

also HID

and it sems to love this place!!

Last edited by BenW; 11-14-2012 at 06:51 AM.
    WFC #371

Instagram -benwalsh91

sorry for the lack of fitment.

but i just got a phone call off a good friend of mine who owns Haviar a leading air ride company here in the UK.

i wasnt going to bag this one but he offered me a price i could not say no to.

so in January this should be going in to get bagged and touching the floor.

will just be a 2 way electric system. 5 gallon tank and a remote too.

also keping my eye out on some wheels.

managed to pick up the facelift mtec rear bumper in silver the other day for a bargain price of £40 (about $65)
    WFC #371

Instagram -benwalsh91

Loving the BMW but that little citroen was dope

Quote Originally Posted by saab9-2x View Post
    Loving the BMW but that little citroen was dope
    the bmw will be even better. looking at what colour to change it. feeling tiffany blue maybe.
    WFC #371

Instagram -benwalsh91

Love the old car. The E46 has a lot of potential.

glad you were able to come out with a win win win situation. cant wait to see how the e46 turns out

More win win win please.

well i got made redundent...but i got a new job as explained above.

my redundency pay was quite nice amount. was enough for me to clear my credit card (that i am stoked about) and left me with about £1000 to play with... so i have been searching high and low for wheels and other parts so with the rest of money i had from clearing my debt i am purchasing the following

coilovers are top of the list just going to get some budgets around £250. as long as it goes low i am happy! i will worry about ride comfort etc later.

adjustable top mounts.

(looking for some rear camber bars)

there was a small little piece missing in the toolkit in the boot (tailgate, trunk whatever you call it) so got myself one of these.

and found these... i like some some say there boring etc but they will do for now as long as im down and fitted for now that will keep me happy can upgrade later.

18x8j front
    18x9j rear

bbs 2 piece splits (£500 and they have just came out of a fresh refurb so in mint condition and in 5x120)

also after several hours of pain staking fidly work i got my double din headunit in, for anyone who has tried fitting on of these (im unsure if it is differant over there to your wrong(left) hand drive cars) but the heater matrix is in the way so i had to modify it to shape it to fit with the double din... seriously dont bother!

its not the best fit in the facia but thats because the facia is all twisted and shitty, so that will be getting resolved soon but its in and it works which is the main thing!!

WFC #371

Instagram -benwalsh91

some of my air freshners turned up

got to have a fresh and nice smelling car!!

also the rear end to me was a bit boring:

so i have ordered mtec 2 rear bumper and led tail lights to freshen up and make the rear end a bit more moden and clean.

and then... i let the misses go out in the car as she has been bugging me wanting to drive it as she just has a 1.3 pushrod ford ka (i dont think you have these in america, they have about 50bhp)

which lead to plenty of these!!!

strawberry beer from belgium
    WFC #371

Instagram -benwalsh91

also washed and polished my mums mint condition e36 black coupe (as soon as mum decides she wants rid i am having this off her!) such a clean example not a mark on it and gave mine a quick clean

also you can see my brothers mk1 tt 1.8t quatro pushing 280bhp in the background, that power with the 4wd. so much fun! where i live every road in and out of my town is a country lane, its so fun!!
    Last edited by BenW; 11-28-2012 at 09:02 AM.
    WFC #371

Instagram -benwalsh91

Hope everyone has had a good Christmas and has a good new year.

This happened just after Christmas

We found out BMW engines make good replacements for tables and also keeps your food warm

Now that's the important stuff over.

Oh yeah and this happened

Coilovers! On!

Coilovers all the way down and it actually managed to pretty much lay frame on 18s!

Well couldn't be doing that so we raised it

Also test fitted the bbs

Yes can not wait!!

And decided this height will do with the wheels I have now with my meaty tyres.

Went shopping today and parked on my own in the corner. Literally no cars around me. Went back about an hour later to drop the first lot of bags off to see an e92 m3 parked next to me. He done that on purpose

WFC #371

Instagram -benwalsh91

Love the bmw, ben! Did all of the automatic e46 in england come with paddle shifters on the steering wheel?
    #012 Lexus GS300 Platinum Edition

Quote Originally Posted by bobby View Post
    Love the bmw, ben! Did all of the automatic e46 in england come with paddle shifters on the steering wheel?
    Nah it was done by the owner before me he fitted an m3 wheel on it. I rarely see them with the paddles on.

Apparently you can also get a wheel from a 5 series and the wiring apparently that's a Comon conversion my mechanic was saying the other day.
    WFC #371

Instagram -benwalsh91

RHD bimmer ftw man. Nice upgrade.
    WFC #286
    IG- Brandizzzle

Cheers buddy

Also if anyone needs any euro parts and that's for any cars let me know I will see what I can get will just send it at what it costs me.
    WFC #371

Instagram -benwalsh91

Been following this on Instagram. Nice progress man. I've never really been a fan of BMW's, but yours is getting there.
    WFC # 396
    Deep Burgundy '07 S2000
    Fifteen 52 Tarmacs

Love the fact it's RHD, and I like where it's headed. I like the aggressive look the m3 bumpers add. That should have been factory! LOL Keep up the good work.

Looks good man, can't wait to see what else you do with it!

Looks good dude. Those mirrors are crazy, are they stock?
    WFC # 197
    UsVersusThem
    Wagon MOB
    SPECIAL FEEL!
    Quote Originally Posted by mister hashimoto View Post
    john u dont need air just roll how u use to
    Quote Originally Posted by RLB View Post
    I've been on air for a month. Stay static brother. I think i'm gonna go back.

congrats mate. haven't seen you for ages and im happy to see you again with such a nice beemer.

btw, how is your bird, ben?>
    WFC#207[Subaru Content]
    Fatlace Feature
    Instagram: SCOOBYHUMMEL
    '05 WRX JBP GTX3076 ViPec V44
    China Chapter President