Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: READ IT FAST -> Vlad's Super Sexy Pretty Pretty Egg Plant Purple Pearl ... RWD WRX!!!

Default READ IT FAST -> Vlad's Super Sexy Pretty Pretty Egg Plant Purple Pearl ... RWD WRX!!!

Hey guys, don't know why it took me so long to join lol, but here I am. For those who don't know me, I'm Vlad and I'm from New Milford, CT. I currently own KJ's old carbon bronze pearl bugeye which most of you probably remember, we are actually homies now and I'll be going up to IA to see him again. Anyways, I picked it up from him like exactly a year ago and trying to keep the mods going, but being a college student isn't helping my broke ass. The only time I could possibly put money into it is during the summer when I'm on break lol.

Going a little back in time now. I had to sell my pride and joy, '99 swapped 2.5rs. I had that car for almost two years and I put a shit ton of money into. It was easy being a high school student and working full time and not paying for school, so most of my money went into the car. I did almost everything I wanted to the car, just wanted to get a six speed for it and finish the final touches with a fresh paint job.. but then college came along and the modding was basically over. After I stopped putting money into it, I kinda had no more interest to put another penny into it, miles were going up and I always wanted a newer body style. As you will see in the pictures, I wasn't into stance at all at the time. I just wanted to have a nicely done GC with a swap that people could appreciate. I still spent a pretty penny for TE37's in limited seibon edition lol. Anyways, long story short, I started getting more and more paranoid with the stock rs tranny that had 168k miles at the time and I was making 380whp. Since I didn't have the money for a six speed, I just wanted to get rid of it and have someone else finish her. I then saw KJ's bugeye pop up for sale on Nasioc and told him that I will take it off his hands. He was kind enough to hold the car for me until I sold my GC, and off I went to NC to go get it.

Here are just a couple pictures of my old car, I still miss it everyday.

So the day I picked up KJ's car, it looked like this.

This was actually coming back home from NC.

Then came the first photoshoot.

So the first summer of owning the car, there were a few problems lol. Apparently the coilovers were blown and they were clunking the day I got it, but I didn't think much of it because it went away as soon as I got home haha. Then it came back, and was a lot worst, but it was weird because it would go away everytime it rained out. So the guys from EFI Logics thought it couldve been my stock top hats since they were shot. I ordered some Grp N top hats and once we took the coilovers apart, we could tell they were blown. Next week my stock radiator decides to go and piss coolant everywhere. Being unemployed at the time wasn't easy, so I got a job and saved up for some BC Racing BR coils, along with a Mishimoto radiator. I also decided to get a V2 front lip for the car, JDM rainguards, Ureshi window spoiler and some other little things. That was all I could do for that summer before school started.

Basically I went a lot lower than it was before, maxed out the fronts and dropped the rears. I had to do some fender work in the front since it wasn't touched before, but it worked out. Got some good pics after all that was done..

Last edited by v7ps; 10-03-2011 at 06:28 AM.

And more recent photos..

It has now barely been on the road since winter started. All the stickers are off the car now too and I am currently waiting for my new wheels to arrive in June, not gonna tease anyone or keep it a secret (not like they're anything special anymore lol), but new wheels will be Work Emotions XD9's 18x10 +18 in silver. I've seen several 38et on wrx's but not many in 18et, so I'm excited for that. Definitely gonna try and go lower after I get these wheels, gonna have to pull some collars off my fronts but I'll see how it sits first since I already scrape daily out of my ridiculous driveway. Also, a lot of parts are getting resprayed hopefully soon before IA meet along with the new V2 lip. I still have a lot I want to do to this car, so this will be my journal and I will keep you all updated! Sorry for the longass boring story

mmmmmm

Last edited by v7ps; 05-07-2011 at 12:11 PM.

O yeah and here is the full mod list..

Exterior:
    - Custom carbon bronze pearl paint (acura TL-S special edition color)
    - antenna shaved, entire rear trunk shaved (wing & key holes)
    - front fenders rolled and rear fenders rolled and slightly pulled then professionally reshaped
    - EDM STi projector headlights w/kaixen 6000k HIDs
    - JDM sti grille with pillar deleted
    - JDM 02/03 STi hoodscoop
    - Chargespeed CF brake ducts
    - '05 STi fender flares
    - STi v2 lip
    - Chargespeed v2 sides
    - OEM rear 3pc diffuser
    - 32% carbon ceramic tint
    - JDM rainguards
    - Ureshi window spoiler
    - 04/05 WRX tail lights

Interior:
    - Alpine IVA w203 double din dvd player
    - jdm s202 hazard button
    - SPT short throw
    - Momo shift knob
    - Omoni boost gauge
    - Full STi interior

Suspension:
    - BC BR coilovers with front/rear camber plates + rear extenders
    - Whiteline 24-26mm adj front sway
    - C-Pillar strut bar
    - 18 x 10" +18 Work XD9's MGS
    - Blue Muteki lugs
    - 225/40 Nankang NS II's
    - Camber: -4.5 in the rear/ -3.0 in the front

Brakes:
    - DBA 4000 series slotted rotors
    - Hawk HPS pads

Engine:
    - Prodrive PPP3/ecutek engine management
    - Prodrive turbo inlet
    - Prodrive divorced wastegate DP (w/hi-flow cat)
    - Prodrive catless flex uppipe
    - Invidia n1 race catback (straight-piped)
    - Mishimoto Aluminum radiator
    Last edited by v7ps; 09-29-2011 at 12:35 PM.

damn your prev car was pretty nice too!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

VLAD! Hey Buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by evilchargerfan View Post
    damn your prev car was pretty nice too!
    thanks Dennis!

Quote Originally Posted by dpt852 View Post
    VLAD! Hey Buddy!
    yoo Dan! Dont sell those wheels foo!

welcome, i have a friend from New Milford. lives here now.
    Flickr

Get your mini ISO stickers @ ISOstickers@gmail.com

ya your car is sexy, im diggin the color. good pick on wheels, looking forward to what it'll look like
    Instagram- Chincywagon

Looks sick, glad to hear a wheel change is coming. I don't know about the lip change I love the lip it has right now. Either way sweet car man

holy smokes... makes me want to get a subaru =[

Tastefully done and well executed. Good luck in the future with your mods. I know what kind of a pain it is to own an older car. But man it is addicting!

Took you long enough! Nice to see you on here mang...Ct is coming up!

Subi<3
    love the color, college kids represent!!

car looks doooope!

diggin' the color too...
    Team BRG ...WFC #2114

Yes, that is a bike rack!

I love this bug eye, cant wait to see it with the new wheels

Dammmmmm one of the cleanest wrx iv seeen in a whilee!

Good stuff. I loved KJ's car and then when I heard it was near me again, I got excited. New wheels look boss.

This is a shining example of what a bugeye should look like. KJ did an excellent job and I can't wait to see where you take it.
    But please, never change the color.

Thank you all!
    Quote Originally Posted by dubber View Post
    welcome, i have a friend from New Milford. lives here now.
    O really? Whats his name I might know him lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylesy View Post
    Looks sick, glad to hear a wheel change is coming. I don't know about the lip change I love the lip it has right now. Either way sweet car man
    thanks man, lip has to be changed. I love it too, but it's way too beefy. I can't go any lower with this lip on, it's already destroyed lmao, plus I wanna change things up a bit and I think the v2 will add a nicer touch to the car.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubaru View Post
    This is a shining example of what a bugeye should look like. KJ did an excellent job and I can't wait to see where you take it.
    But please, never change the color.
    Lol I'd be stupid to change the color, I bought the car mostly because of the color. I'm just getting a few parts resprayed since I gotta go the paint shop anyways for the new lip.

Ooooooo, cant wait to see the XD9s on!