Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Wrong Fitment Crew Presents Santa Monica - End of the Trail 2012

I could see finding a reason to stay if you've got a hotel and drove all that way. Lots of nice cars. And some of the best ones didnt even make it into the lot.
    07 VW GTI-Fahrenheit 910/1200

kinda bummed it was pretty much over when I got there but still made the best of it. good day of relaxing for me. wished I could of made it for the caravan and actual meet.
    iLurk
    WFC #827
    Ratchet Finesse

had a good time. nice to see some old friends and met some new ones.
    pics.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/56672470@N04/?saved=1

vid of some peeps leaving.

missed ya shavi

Quote Originally Posted by fahrenheitfarmer View Post
    The turnout was great, but it's crap that WFC didnt think we'd need a permit to gather in Los Angeles. I drove almost two hours down there to get a good spot (and I did) and the whole 'event' ended less than 90 minutes from it's start time at 10am.

2 hour drive there + 2 hour wait for everyone to show up + 1.5 hour car show + 2 hour drive home= not so awesome.

As largely as this was advertised, I'd expect those bases to be covered.
    advertised largely where? we posted it on our forum and made a small FB page about it... anyone else that posted it up outside of that was just Hyping it up. These WFC meets are always simply for the Crew. We've never had a single problem parking in Santa Monica, but alot of people that are not even forum members (or have never seen a post) decided to show up and essentially crash the party. The result was us getting booted. Shit happens. We drive modded cars and generally we catch heat for that.

In the end I spent a few hours at the beach with some real good friends. From there the party kept going. We hit up Venice beach and then Westwood. I didn't get home until a few minutes ago. I was with the Vegas crew hopping around at bars and finished it off with some Boba. Good times!

This will probably be the last time we will have the WFC meets at this location. Between Hellaflush and WFC we've pretty well worn our welcome out with Santa Monica. The cops now know us at the "guys that take up the lot every year"... so on to new things. Also these meets are never setup to be "bigtime" meets like some people are used too. If you know WFC we've always been about keeping our crew tight and things simple. Next go around will be by invites or RSVP.
    WFC #003 - @grippy_wfc

^^^ true dat man. It was great meeting you josh and most of the WFC cats.
    WFC #286
    IG- Brandizzzle

I like the idea of keeping it WFC members only, but people always want to bring along the calvary.

At least everyone was behaving.
    07 VW GTI-Fahrenheit 910/1200

Well said Josh. There really were a lot of fanboys out this year that just came out to try to jock our steeze. Best part of the day was that guy rapping about Soso and Wfc
     photo a103b4c1-9acd-4b98-b483-ba0acd9e401f.jpg

i had fun, well worth taking a day off to chill with everyone, plus glad i got to see everyone before i leave again.

Quote Originally Posted by clean deez View Post
    I met a fellow braddah from the island mister hashimoto! My day was good.
    good meeting you to man
    LowerClassMen
    RHD Bugeye Crew

When we saw the "going" list on facebook it was about 400, we figured 1/4 would actually show up, we had no idea it was going to be as big as it was.. the last couple of meets WFC had at this spot we had 23 cars and the 2nd meet we had like 56 cars, so it was always a small turn out, it sucks we got shut down and it sucks we didnt get a permit but we never had the slightest clue that we would have "400 in the lot, and around 400 waiting to get in"(what the police officer told me) he was really cool about it, let me know whats going on and told us to shut it down. Reason we left was he didnt want people seeing us stick around and think the meet really wasnt over, so we took off.

Took about 2 hours to get there but I have no complaints, had a good time saw some awesome cars....looking forward to the next meet

Well said Josh. I drove from Vegas and had a great day with all the homies. Good times for sure
    WFC #004 (OG status) ISFU

95 SC 300
    08 IS F

So can you guys lock this thread up and start the PICTURE Thread already!

Had a awesome time yesterday besides the hangover I fought thru! Good meeting everyone I did meet.

So when we doin another Cali meet cause I'm already lookin forward to it
    WFC #843
    Ol Skool JDM Yo
    Twitter/Instagram: KingJaffeJo_
    92 MR2 Turbo / 08 E92 M3

I'll start editing pics this afternoon. I got a shot or two from the Cabo Cantina also haha...
    WFC #003 - @grippy_wfc

Oh jesus^^^ hahaha

But on some real shit, you couldn't of said it any better. Austin and I were talking about something like that a few weeks ago in terms of keeping all of the homies close. Its the best thing that can be done. I had way more fun at the beach and the bar than I did at the meet. It's all about the homies, the cars are just the bonus and what ties everyone together. If you ain't down with that then pop off.
    WFC # 197
    UsVersusThem
    Wagon MOB
    SPECIAL FEEL!
    Quote Originally Posted by mister hashimoto View Post
    john u dont need air just roll how u use to
    Quote Originally Posted by RLB View Post
    I've been on air for a month. Stay static brother. I think i'm gonna go back.

Quote Originally Posted by o.g.sk8er View Post
    vid of some peeps leaving.

missed ya shavi
    that was a cool video, thanks for making that

on another note .... for those of you that actually post here on the wfc forums ... how many of those cars did you guys recognize? me personally, i counted 0. if i were to sum up the day:

it was fun, i got to relax at the beach and kick it w/ a few friends and made some new ones. it was great to see people coming in from vegas, arizona, the east coast (some crack head from CT flew out for this little meet) ... and it was cool to see new faces/cars we dont usually see

we did NOT expect a turn out htis large, i have no idea how the word got out the way it did ... if you guys look at the threads on stance nation/stanceworks/vipstyle cars ... each respective thread had less than 10 replies of "im coming" ... and heck, the last wfc meet we threw at santa monica pier involved less tahn 60 cars! that said ... why get a permit for such a small meet? because "JUST IN CASE 400 cars might show up dude?!" ... cmon now ...

until someone posts up a thread on the meets coverage ... heres a vid to hold us all over:

we drove 2.5 hours(indio) for this meet, it was a nice turnout but my homie and i had to park our sti's pretty far so if anyone has pics of our cars please share(we had simply known on our front windshields) didnt meet anybody but we did get shirts so i guess that made the trip worth it! lol!