Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wfc ... need yalls input re: approval thread and other thangs

Exactly^ could not have said it better myself. The quote "exclusivity" of the wfc number really isn't that special anymore IMO since you have people who just joined that win in the approval thread and post for a few weeks than fall off. What actually do you want to gain with going public? Where exactly do you want to take the forum, do you just want to increase the number of registers users or are you actually trying to create a community.

Maybe you can do like other forums do instead of the numbers, just do car or cars of the month kinda thing.

WFC #906
    INSTA: @jeremeyalan

Hmmmm ...... do away with numbers ..... interesting idea sir. What do the rest of yall think?

As for goin public. ... I think its safe to say the people have spoken, and we will NOT be going in that direction. As always yall, we Appreciate the input, u guys are the reason wfc runs like clock work

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

I like the number Idea. My .02
    WFC 151
    My import fashion feature
    http://www.myimportfashion.com/texas-finest/

lose the numbers keep the numbers doesn't matter to me i will continue to be on here and rock my WFC hoody at all the meets and share my current whip and future whips and experiences with all the members here im glad that you started this thread it sounds like its sparked some peoples interest.... if you keep the numbers i would recommend showing some more love to active users instead voting for new people with 3 posts....i know you already talked about the no more post count rule..but that opens this forum up to turn into a NASOIC style forum and users will just come here put in no effort and get approved and then leave....fuck it just get rid of the numbers...lol i know im a part of the FAM soon i will be back in the northwest reppin hard

in all seriousness tho ... how many of you guys know me as "wfc #858" ... i mean shit, i dont even rock that old decal w/ my # anymore. i mean, id be sad if yall took it away from me im not gonna lie ... but its NOT gonna be the end of the world for me to NOT have a # ... take mr hashimoto for example, hes never cared to apply for a # and hes a moderator/active like crazy.

just my $0.02 ... i vote keep #'s because its not something we focus on here (much)

I don't know if I even have a number.
    Wagon MOB
    Instagram: @jaystellato

I vote keep the numbers, but maybe have a number check in kind of deal every couple of years? or should the numbers be forever?

As for the going public thing, I agree with the majority that has said not to. The thing with being exclusive though has some financial downsides... if we even want to dip into this. Making merchandise public could help raise more money for keeping the site up, for setting up events, ect. The merchandise the members get could still be exclusive (like custom hoods, tees, banners ect), but generic editions could be offered to the public through fb ect. I dunno.

I like the close-knit community, but it would be cool for Everyone to know about WFC and their awesome reputation and then to be like "yea, Im in the crew". Oh and it would be SUPER Important (for general public exposure) to make a HUGE distinction between HF and WFC.

I dunno just throwing out some ideas, hah
    well...I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong
    instagram:@cleantune ; Twitter: Cleantune@Cleantune2

Not gonna lite I'm a hater right now we let the post count not matter this month and a eclipse got picked over my car for the approval thread because I submitted my car 2 months in a row because im actually trying but that doesn't matter because people with 2 posts can submit for approval and make it that's why this is discouraging to be involved with this forum oh and the white hawk eye has me then a finger gap I though that was a huge no but again moved on to the voting round even though its a clean ass car.... Maybe the mods need to take a step back and clarify why we are really here of course this is all my opinion

Don't take it personally guys but a ton of subaru's try out each month... we have to keep the numbers moving forward. I have been thinkin if there is 5 or more Subies we would side number them or eliminate them down to one before the main vote. There is just way to many normally fitted Subies each month.... and way too many other Dope cars that don't get votes because wfc is subaru rich
    WFC #003 - @grippy_wfc

the mods (myself, luke, lance, henry, bobby, hashi, grippy, etc etc) will decide who goes into the voting round, that is the end of it. no need to sit here and debate on why we dropped this dudes car, why we let in that eclipse, why that guy w/ slight finger gap beat me, etc etc

ok ok back on topic ... so ... a few of you guys have expressed to me that wfc is a place where its harder and harder to be apart of ... now is this a good thing or a bad thing? should we go back to the old school approval method where we basically let in EVERYONE?

imo ... everyone is apart of wfc and welcomed, member # or not. going back to what jay suggested we CAN get rid of the whole idea of #'s ... but i dont see why we cant exist as is (where everyone gets along ... those w/ numbers and those w/o numbers)

Quote Originally Posted by evilchargerfan View Post
    ok ok back on topic ... so ... a few of you guys have expressed to me that wfc is a place where its harder and harder to be apart of ... now is this a good thing or a bad thing? should we go back to the old school approval method where we basically let in EVERYONE?

imo ... everyone is apart of wfc and welcomed, member # or not. going back to what jay suggested we CAN get rid of the whole idea of #'s ... but i dont see why we cant exist as is (where everyone gets along ... those w/ numbers and those w/o numbers)
    I agree WFC is a group that is getting to be harder and harder to be a part of. I like the idea of voting rounds though, mainly because it is the members choosing winners. The problem with facebook voting is that people just tell people to vote for them and the voters don't always know why they are voting.

I DONT think we should get rid of numbers because this one of the main things that differentiates WFC from other forums; earning a number.

No car segregation either! I don't really care what kind of cars are entering in the voting rounds as long as they are done right. This will also to keep voting rounds (consisting of at least 10 cars) going every month. I trust that the voting rounds are NOT political and that all one has to do to win votes is present a product that has great, on-point fitment and some unique qualities (not necessarily anything expensive either). I think of the voting aspect as voting for Representatives of the WFC community.
    well...I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong
    instagram:@cleantune ; Twitter: Cleantune@Cleantune2

If you're gonna keep voting rounds and such I think more people should be approved each month. Now there are more and more people trying so I feel that it's only fair we add more ppl. If # and voting will remain.

Dennis what does WFC mean to you? I know that comes off cheesy but maybe hearing it from you can help others see your vision. I love wfc because of the variety. I mean how many other forums are there with cars from all walks, all scenes, in one place. I mean yes there are the thirsty ones just want the numbers to say they have them or the elitist but you'll get that anywhere. I am actually for the post count limit being imposed again. I know that puts more work on mods, but maybe that would ease the pain of others seeing someone join one day and get numbers the next round. I look at not being approved as motivation to come harder the next round. I think people need to understand, that in life there is always gonna be someone doing it harder than the next guy. Build your car for yourself not for a wfc #. You can't please everyone and you won't.

Ok I'm done I've said too much lol

WFC #906
    INSTA: @jeremeyalan

Quote Originally Posted by grippymonkey View Post
    Don't take it personally guys but a ton of subaru's try out each month... we have to keep the numbers moving forward. I have been thinkin if there is 5 or more Subies we would side number them or eliminate them down to one before the main vote. There is just way to many normally fitted Subies each month.... and way too many other Dope cars that don't get votes because wfc is subaru rich
    thank you for the insight grippy i think i was way to faded last night and really said what was on my mind i know fitted Subaru's are a dime a dozen. I'm not mad i just have to go back to the drawing board and come harder next time. Not a big deal don't need a forums approval to know my car is clean. I just thought submitting it might inspire some other car owners of what my interpretation of what a clean car is. I didn't mean any disrespect to the "hawk eye owner or the Eclipse owner" they are both clean cars i was just pointing out that the founders made rules for a reason and then decide to slowly modify or lessen the standards as we go month to month to accommodate peoples homies. Again not a big deal, I see we are letting one more car approved per month i guess its something at that rate we should have 2000 approved active members in um roughly 11 years...lol i do appreciate the other members in here talking about this topic i do agree with JACBLACK imposing the post limit rule, simply because he made a great point why does someone with 2 posts get to join the day prior post there car and get approved. i think the number thing is cool its something specifically WFC unique no one else does it but its not fair to say because WFC is subaru rich "we other subaru owners" get passed up as there are 3 other ones that made it this month. oh not to mention they are all the same body type ? im curious Dennis, Luke, Lance, Henry, Bobby, Hashi, Grippy ETC. MODS what did the other 3 same body style subarus have over my car that mine didnt get approved? not asking to be a Dick im asking so i can get some constructive criticism and come harder next time I mean maybe the idea of having a subaru only approval thread is really needed and a Lexus one too

Quote Originally Posted by jacblack View Post
    Dennis what does WFC mean to you? I know that comes off cheesy but maybe hearing it from you can help others see your vision. I love wfc because of the variety. I mean how many other forums are there with cars from all walks, all scenes, in one place. I mean yes there are the thirsty ones just want the numbers to say they have them or the elitist but you'll get that anywhere. I am actually for the post count limit being imposed again. I know that puts more work on mods, but maybe that would ease the pain of others seeing someone join one day and get numbers the next round. I look at not being approved as motivation to come harder the next round. I think people need to understand, that in life there is always gonna be someone doing it harder than the next guy. Build your car for yourself not for a wfc #. You can't please everyone and you won't.

Ok I'm done I've said too much lol
    great points agreed !!!

Brownhelmet, ill let lance chime in .... this round was his decision

1 thing I gotta throw out there ..... its no fun Being the bad guy and denying people ..... I remember in a prev round I said no to an rx7 fc, cause he used really crappy cell phone pics .... and he never re applied =(

Quote Originally Posted by jacblack View Post
    Dennis what does WFC mean to you? I know that comes off cheesy but maybe hearing it from you can help others see your vision.
    What wfc means to me ..... dang, I feel like im being interviewed for "why should we pick u to be the next mrs america"

I feel like the "crew" is a huge fam to me. When I meet someone from The forum in real life, feels like I known these people for years. Many of these peeps are real deal homies now that I chill w regularly.

I treat wfc w/ pride and I always rep proudly because this whole wfc thing did have an impact on my life one way or another. Anytime people spot me in public ... they shout wierd things like "theres mr wfc" or something like "wfc in the house" .... its somewhat become ME in a way. Its like when I think of mcdonalds I think of a crazy clown w/ red hair in a yellow suit .... lol

From a car stand point .... we're a buncha heads that love fitment and the car/garage life style. We welcome all makes and models.... we're unique cause we're not just into subies, we're not exclusively down for vip style, we're not all about 1 thing like most other forums/car clubs. Simple enough

Now ..... up until sep 2012 the approval process was pretty relaxed, at some point we wanted to raise the bar and push our members to build quality cars (seen my car at approval years ago? Yall would laugh)

I never expected this monthly "thing" that we do to attract alot of attention from outsiders .... and we orig thought approving 3 cars at a time slowly would be enough .... but us mods are quickly re thinking this because the last thing we want is to turn people away ...

And our discussion continues .... what do we have to do to improve the crew?

Don't ever take it personal if your car gets dropped from a round of voting. It doesn't mean we don't like your car or your effort. But we are really trying to get some variety at this point. WFC originally was started with all Subarus years ago and has grown to what it is today. We might even cut back to only one Subaru entry each round for a bit. And its not because the Subies aren't nice. But these days almost all of them are starting to look exactly the same. And then some aren't even aggressive at all. We just want to continue to have a variety of dope ass cars and continue to grow as a big family. I know most of the new guys have never met us Mods or OG members in person. But trust me, we are just a bunch of laid back guys. So just know if you get dropped from a round its not because your car sucks. But remember to try and use the entire forum, look at peoples builds ect. Don't only focus on the Approval thread.
    WFC #004 (OG status) ISFU

95 SC 300
    08 IS F

i know i need to get my activity back up on here and stop ghostin, Luke has been getting on me about it lol. but all in all what attracted me to wfc was the family aspect of it. there was no bullshit here. i'm all for the family growing but what makes our family special is the quality not the quantity. granted i have no room to speak since my car has been in shit mode for almost a year now, but i think the way things are now are fine. we have people interested and like jay said until we are fighting to get 10 cars in the approval thread, we shouldn't need to seek for the expansion. i also think the numbers should stay.
    Last edited by 05suby; 05-12-2013 at 10:35 PM.
    Jim
    WFC #231
    GentlemenStreetClub
    Instagram - @jcerami27