Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reppin 203. My journey to WFC

Those youtube DIYs are always so optimistic and stupid lol! How was it riding in your own car while someone else drifted it around a track? I would have been terrified lmao
    IG: OsakaFlocka

WFC #2258

Quote Originally Posted by drift55 View Post
    Those youtube DIYs are always so optimistic and stupid lol! How was it riding in your own car while someone else drifted it around a track? I would have been terrified lmao
    I felt fine tbh. Mike has an M3 himself and afterall he is the man that runs Lock City so I was comfortable with it. It was cool to see what the car was capable of and got me that much more excited about starting my own drift build in the near future with a 4 door.
    The only thing I was worried about was the rear passenger tire blowing out. There's a nail in it since I've bought the car and it's been slowly leaking air, but it has gotten worse. Getting 2 rear tires tomorrow since the tires look pretty old anyways looks like a lot of cracking and some dry rotting. The fronts seem fine.
    Instagram: @matt.lee.wfc_
    WFC #391
    Quote Originally Posted by hiimdreh View Post
    another Subaru some day.
    Though I'm not too fond of new Subaru owners recently.

He was definitely the dude to do it lol!

WFC #2258

YES to 90s BMWS on Japanese wheels.

looking forward to seeing this come together, whats needed to fit the wheels?

Untitled by ben walsh, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by benwalsh91 View Post
    YES to 90s BMWS on Japanese wheels.

looking forward to seeing this come together, whats needed to fit the wheels?
    Haha! That meme

I ditched the adapters idea and I'm going to do a full on 5x114.3 conversion.
    My buddy machined his own hubs for the conversion, will need new rotors drilled to fit the new pattern and I believe wheel bearings. Idk too much about it tbh I'm basically just doing what he tells me to do when I'm ready for the conversion. Right now I have the forgelines on and need camber in the rears bad. Gotta wait until the weather warms up for me to bring it to my buddy and have him put rear camber arms in he made for me and replace the guibo. Also going to try and get a bimmerworld solid shifter before spring so I can have it installed while I have access to a lift.

Also have a UUC System U catback on the way I got second hand. No more stock exhaust
    WFC #391
    another Subaru some day.

Quote Originally Posted by RuhRohh View Post
    Haha! That meme

I ditched the adapters idea and I'm going to do a full on 5x114.3 conversion.
    My buddy machined his own hubs for the conversion, will need new rotors drilled to fit the new pattern and I believe wheel bearings. Idk too much about it tbh I'm basically just doing what he tells me to do when I'm ready for the conversion. Right now I have the forgelines on and need camber in the rears bad. Gotta wait until the weather warms up for me to bring it to my buddy and have him put rear camber arms in he made for me and replace the guibo. Also going to try and get a bimmerworld solid shifter before spring so I can have it installed while I have access to a lift.

Also have a UUC System U catback on the way I got second hand. No more stock exhaust
    sounding real good!! I cant wait to see this come together. have you thought of getting something like the RTD shifter like what I have instead?

Definitely keep us posted on the hub conversion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WFC #2258

Early March I got the car back on the road and decided I hated how the car looked on the stock DS2s and decided to do something about it. I had bought a set of Forgeline RS's from a buddy of mine last year after he sold his E36. I loved the wheels and even though I planned on going 5x114 I still wanted them so I decided what the hell i'll take them. I took the tires I had off the Regamasters and put them on these. The stock lug bolts were too long for the rears so I got studs for the hub so I can run the one set of wheels I have. 75mm Bimmerworld studs.

Full shot of the car morning after

Next thing to do was get that UUC exhaust I had purchased earlier in the year on. This was a major struggle considering the car is a 19 year old BMW that's spent all of its life in the northeast, you can imagine there was a good amount of rust under the car (nothing structural thank god). BMW exhaust flanges are stupid and are a separate unit from the exhaust piping itself, unfortunately mine had rusted really badly and so I had to dremel them out.

In the meantime I picked up an authentic Bride reclinable seat from a buddy of mine for a price I couldn't refuse

Took me what should have been a maximum one hour took me 2 weeks as I had looked for different options. Part of the reason why it took so long was for shipping on some parts I was looking for, specifically these handy split flanges. Without these I'd probably be running the car without an exhaust still.

Back on the road with shiny tips

Last edited by RuhRohh; 08-13-2018 at 04:51 PM.
    WFC #391
    another Subaru some day.

I was finally able to enjoy the car again so decided to take some pictures with an actual camera

After the car was down for 2 weeks, I was very much enjoying the car, but that all came to a halt when the front diff bolt decided to delete itself. The daily also needed some love so the car sat in my garage for approximately 2 months before I finally got the money to buy all the parts I needed and had it sent up to my buddy Bear's shop who was going to give the entire rear end a nice freshening up.

Rear subframe dropped for new AKG diff bushings, AKG subframe bushings, rear subframe reinforcements and Condor Speed Shop rear trailing arm bearings.

Finally had gotten the car back after a few setbacks and took it out to Fieldwerks, a show one of our buddies help organize

And a mock up of what's to come over the winter (hopefully sooner)

WFC #391
    another Subaru some day.