Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2004 GTO, a little different than usual

Default 2004 GTO, a little different than usual

So I have had the GTO for about 4 years and it wasn't until the last year or so that I started messing with it.

here is how it looked when I first got it:

then I did this... smh luckily it only last like that for a month...

then I did some big stereo stuff which luckily entailed removing the spoiler

Next came some BC coilovers:

next came my wheel purchase. I went with BBS style 5's. They are a fair bit more aggressive than stock and having real BBS's does get some attention for the car.

Then a terrible plastidip experiment... and more low

I polished the BBS's lips, rolled my fenders, and got some tires that worked a little better:

and I had a nice splitter on the car for a week before I broke it the first time, now 6 months later a buddy and I Frankensteined it back together:

and here is a photo from last weekend as it currently sits:

along the way I have also put on an awespeed otrcai. To gain some ground clearance I installed JBA catless midpipes because I dragged the stock ones quite badly. I also installed JBA shorty headers. The previous owner put a magnaflow exhaust on the car also.
    Last edited by GTOguy; 11-27-2013 at 12:55 PM.

So my plan:

Have these wheels widened to something nice and wide because having a 245 rear tire on car making decent power is a joke. I'm either going to run a square 295-305 on a 17x10 in the rear or 17x11-12 with like a 255-265 on them. The front I am going to dial in because I am worried about rubbing on the front suspension.

There is one complete air ride kit for the car but it is sold in Australia for $4000 + ridiculous shipping. So I am planning it now. Right now I am thinking autopilot V2 for management, Aero Sport front bags over my current coilovers, then the rear I am still planning.

I also plan to have the car dyno tuned here in the next month or so with a goal of 350ish whp. After I have the car functional and looking good I am going to start planning some sort of motor build and trans swap. Most likely my initial motor plan will be the largest cam I can run with stock heads and a swap to a T56 because my car is a stock auto and I'd really prefer a manual car but don't want to get rid of the car.

I also want to upgrade my brakes. I am leaning towards brembo's off of a G8 GXP or 1st gen CTS-V that is if they will clear with 17" wheels

Car looks good but something is telling me 18's might look better, maybe it's just the tire size lol? Either way looks good!

I agree with the above statement. A set of side splitters might look cool too to match the lip. Looks good though!
    IG: OsakaFlocka

WFC #2258

Quote Originally Posted by brokenspeed View Post
    Car looks good but something is telling me 18's might look better, maybe it's just the tire size lol? Either way looks good!
    I think it is the tire size honestly. I will be messing with the wheels once I have the car on air. But with just using UAS bags up front I don't want to dial in widths to then just throw that out the door in order to clear the bags. Plus I need a set of wheels that will clear the bags because my stockers theoretically will not.

Quote Originally Posted by drift55 View Post
    I agree with the above statement. A set of side splitters might look cool too to match the lip. Looks good though!
    like winglets on the bumper or something going down the rockers?

I was trying to figure out how to post a picture that was taken at IA since the owner wouldn't let the image URL come up on flickr but I remembered I had it as my cover photo on FB

so here is a photo by slipnslide photography from the fall ImportAlliance

My car is currently in winter mode which looks pretty boring to me.

stockers: plastidipped grey with a bunch of gold metalizer (I think that is what it's called), I had to raise the front end an inch to clear the tires, I am surprised that 2 inches will make it feel so much taller

but I am glad I did swap them because the next day I walked out to this...

then obviously a night with friends resulted in this... which was 1 of 10 lots we played in that night lol...

sorry for the grainy picture but check out that snow plow lol

being that my brother is not a big forum guy and I am excited for his first project I figure I will share some updates on his GTO as well. He has a black on black 2004 GTO with black SSR comp C 18s with unknown widths because the previous owner told us they were 18x8 et 25 and 18x9 e35 and they sit more aggressive in the rear than my wheels and way less aggressive in the front.... so I guess we can hope the spec stickers are on the barrels when he has the current tires removed... Otherwise the car needs lowered and stiffened a fair bit, rolled fenders, spacers up front, SSR centers, He is getting new tires since these are snow tires, also he is buying Kooks long tube headers off of a friend.

but here are some pictures:

Make perry start an account pull your big brother powers

Quote Originally Posted by GTOguy View Post
    I think it is the tire size honestly. I will be messing with the wheels once I have the car on air. But with just using UAS bags up front I don't want to dial in widths to then just throw that out the door in order to clear the bags. Plus I need a set of wheels that will clear the bags because my stockers theoretically will not.
    Tire size and wheel color I think, the silver on silver looks good, but i think it blends together, making the wheels look small. Nonetheless looks great!
    -Kyle
    WFC # 1130

Quote Originally Posted by GTOguy View Post
    like winglets on the bumper or something going down the rockers?
    Under the sideskirts

WFC #2258

Love this man

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Under the sideskirts
    If my rockers aren't on the ground once I'm on air I may do something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by leggyman17 View Post
    Love this man

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Thanks man!
    Follow me on instagram: @watsupitsdenny
    WFC #531

Through the past month I have been chatting with bagriders about doing some sort of air set up on the car and I am now finally going to pull the trigger on it. I'm doing uas aero sports in the front, slam specialties ss7's in the rear. I am going to use 3/8" lines, autopilot v2 management, dual viair 444c's, and a 4 gallon tank. I believe that catches up any updates I had
    WFC #531

A big thanks goes to Mike at Bag Riders for all the help he gave me in putting this air set up together. I placed my order for my air stuff, so it should be on its way this week. I will keep everything updated. If I can hold myself back in order to keep my studies strong I will put off running the lines and installing the bags until my spring break as well as keep my BBS's out of the elements so they stay looking nice for Water By the Bridge. But I should be starting into the work on my trunk set up this week.

WFC #531

hell yeah Denny, can't wait to see it, email me some pictures when you're done

looking forward to this on air - i wanted to go air so bad this year, but couldn't afford it
    Kyle
    WFC #306

Quote Originally Posted by irishguy0224 View Post
    looking forward to this on air - i wanted to go air so bad this year, but couldn't afford it
    You could always start stockpiling parts as you find them on sale or for sale on forums until you have a whole kit. There's a lot of parts that pop up used for good prices. I know you don't drive a VW/Audi but you should join vwvortex to creep the classifieds as there's stuff popping up all the time. In a lot of cases you could even use your existing coils by replacing the spring with a bag.

WFC #2258

Quote Originally Posted by John@BagRiders View Post
    hell yeah Denny, can't wait to see it, email me some pictures when you're done
    I will gladly shoot some to you. I will post everything I do on the forums I am on.

Quote Originally Posted by irishguy0224 View Post
    Thanks. I am as well. I am ready to start messing with it.

You could always start stockpiling parts as you find them on sale or for sale on forums until you have a whole kit. There's a lot of parts that pop up used for good prices. I know you don't drive a VW/Audi but you should join vwvortex to creep the classifieds as there's stuff popping up all the time. In a lot of cases you could even use your existing coils by replacing the spring with a bag.
    Great suggestion. I wanted to do everything brand new but that is a great way to go about things I learned that from my time of being super into audio. And My car is an example of that. I have BC coilovers and am literally pulling the spring out and installing a bag it should work well.
    WFC #531

I got 2 big boxes of goodies today. It also hit me that this is really happening. I can't wait to have this car on air.

polished 4 gallon air lift tank:

Autopilot V2 with 3/8" lines

the wiring harness:

If you have been following my build for a long time you will know I have been very big into audio. And the bag riders kit with an upgraded wiring kit includes KnuKonceptz which from my experience in the audio world is very high quality wire.

Dual Viair 444c Compressors

My bags themselves are supposed to arrive thursday according to UPS.
    WFC #531