Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2004 GTO, a little different than usual

Great choice going with 444Cs, I have 400s and they're loud! Especially in my metal spare tire well.
    IG: OsakaFlocka

WFC #2258

Quote Originally Posted by drift55 View Post
    Great choice going with 444Cs, I have 400s and they're loud! Especially in my metal spare tire well.
    Yeah hopefully they won't be too awfully loud. Being that the car has been a competition audio car before it has a lot of sound deadener in it. I should be sealing the trunk up entirely as an infinite baffle substage later this year so it should be fairly well sealed off and keep the compressor noise in the trunk
    Follow me on instagram: @watsupitsdenny
    WFC #531

Hey I finally joined this forum lol
    My soon to be stanced gto on ssrs
    Last edited by pjgto; 02-26-2014 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pjgto View Post
    Hey I finally joined this forum lol
    My soon to be stanced gto on ssrs
    go make your own thread rabble rabble rabble!
    WFC #531

So I have a few more updates... Just small ones but updates nonetheless

got my front bags in an BC BR series brackets.

one of my bags and the top and bottom brackets:

my friend, Cody, and I were messing with trunk set up options and I asked him to hold the tank here while I took some pictures as we agreed placed here with hidden, management and compressors would make for the cleanest layout.

With a big ice/snow storm on the way and my car tucked away in the garage at my apartment complex I may use the heated garage to my advantage and knock out my wiring, and mounting tomorrow, that is if any friends can get here to lend me some tools as all of them are at my parents' house 30 minutes away in good weather...

I also threw a bag riders banner on since I washed my car in the 50 degree weather today, as well as moving the NZ plate to the front grill, I am going to mess with the placement of the plate and may end up just using it as a show plate if I think it spoils the front too much.

WFC #531

Yesterday I got my autopilot all wired up. I had been intending to clean up my console for a while and went ahead and hid everything but my cheap radar detector wire, and my ipod cable as my headunit only has a front usb.

Anyone whom is familiar with the GTO interior will know there is small storage area under the radio if you did not order the smokers package, so I used that to hide my autopilot away in.
    Now you see it!

Now you don't

first time I saw the autopilot screen light up.

The parking garage at my apartment is well lit but I guess tinted windows kept it from being bright enough to take a descent picture of the dash.

enjoying my spot in the garage:

WFC #531

when you air setup will be installed?
    waiting for updates
    your parking spot is good but hopefuly no car will park beside you

Quote Originally Posted by PhAyman View Post
    when you air setup will be installed?
    waiting for updates
    your parking spot is good but hopefuly no car will park beside you
    Hopefully this weekend. And it was good a pole on one side and the otherside no one was parked in
    WFC #531

So I now have my compressors mounted, my autopilot is mounted, moved my amp and crossovers to the back wall of the spare tire well, mounted my old amp rack to the fuel tank brace for a temporary thing to hold my tank up. Bolted the tank down. I installed my water traps and hooked up the airlines. We only found 1 or 2 leaks in the system. We tightened down one of the plugs in the tank, and then the line from the left compressor. I drove home (20 miles) from a friends house without losing any air pressure so I think the leak (which was leaking about 1psi/mile when we went to dinner is solved.:alright

Tomorrow I will either mess with putting bags on or clean up my wheels for the spring, or both perhaps.

I also plan to build a false floor to essentially rest on the trunk sill and right above the water traps exposing half the tank, and I am going to get a pair of 8" subwoofers to run between the tank and the rear of the trunk.

So now for some pictures. Yes I understand the wiring is a mess I will address that in the near future.

amp rack mounted up:

tank mounted, and plumbed. (my carpet is folded over itself because I need to cut it for the air lines to come through)

wiring nightmare but the amp, and crossovers are now out of the way and the autopilot now can be bolted in a place with easy access to the ports.

the trunk is way cleaner since this photo but, this gives you a general idea of what the trunk set up looks like.

WFC #531

Looks like its getting close to completion
    -Rob
    AWDfitted.

my brother plastidipped my wheel hardware for me yesterday. I am not entirely sure I like it white but atleast it looks clean and doesn't show the tarnish on the hardware. The hardware is white with gold flake.

next step more wetsanding and buffing on the lips to get a mirror finish.
    WFC #531

Get those bags in! We want to see it low

Wheels look great man!!!

Are you doing spacers?
    WFC # 197
    UsVersusThem
    Wagon MOB
    SPECIAL FEEL!
    Quote Originally Posted by mister hashimoto View Post
    john u dont need air just roll how u use to
    Quote Originally Posted by RLB View Post
    I've been on air for a month. Stay static brother. I think i'm gonna go back.

Quote Originally Posted by John@BagRiders View Post
    Get those bags in! We want to see it low
    Yes!!!!!!!!!
    -Rob
    AWDfitted.

Look what I just received via text....

car looks good man... keep up the good work

I got the front bags on and BBS's back on and then more snow....

setting heights with shaun708 at the gas station. 38ish psi puts me at my static height.

Next step get the rear bags on and figure out how to go lower. My skidplate is about a half inch off the ground. I think I can easily get that height out of adjusting the bags and body of the coilover. I also left the factory bc bump stop on the shock so that will be another point to try to remove in order to go lower.
    WFC #531

Looks good, I cant wait to see it lower.
    -Rob
    AWDfitted.

Just a few pictures I have found of my car from Water By the Bridge.

then a couple my brother took of his GTO. It has SSR Comp C 18s on it.

Last edited by GTOguy; 03-25-2014 at 12:13 PM.
    WFC #531

As many of you know U of L played UK in the sweet sixteen friday night and being that there seem to be riots after most UK & U of L games my campus parking lots were half way cleared out by campus PD by noon yesterday... I went out to my car at 1 after eating lunch to move it to a secure parking garage at a friend's apartment complex to avoid vandalism... But when I parked the car in the garage and walked around the passenger side I found my crushed in fender, and damaged door...

I had parked on an end spot to avoid door dings but someone backed into my car and left without a note, or anything. So now my sowo prep is putting the passenger side of my car back together as opposed to just needing to put my rear bags on... needless to say my car will never be parked on campus again once it is painted as my friend offered to let me park the car at his place, which is only a block away from campus, from now on.
    WFC #531