Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2004 GTO, a little different than usual

I saw that on the Stanced Domestic fb page. That sucks!
    IG: OsakaFlocka

WFC #2258

Quote Originally Posted by drift55 View Post
    I saw that on the Stanced Domestic fb page. That sucks!
    'tis life :/ But it happens. Luckily the panels are savable and will still be under $1000 of damage.
    Follow me on instagram: @watsupitsdenny
    WFC #531

I removed my bump stops up front to get lower, and now something else is making contact :/ I need to pinpoint that to get the front the last half inch down and more importantly be able to run 18xwide wheels up front and rest fender to lip. I also talked to my buddy whom is a painter and also owns the black R32 GTR in the trailer for the new fast and furious movie and he gave me a good quote to repair my car saving all of my panels. So anyway we had a local memorial show for some local individuals whom have passed away and I have found a few photos from that.

right after I removed the bumpstops:

If you have followed my build for a long time you may have seen my cat in many pictures as he lives in my parents' garage recently we noticed him bumping into things and walking more cautiously and all signs would point to him going blind but coming into racing and show season he still loves when my dad , brother, or I work on cars:

Pictures from the show:

Last edited by GTOguy; 04-14-2014 at 08:50 PM.
    WFC #531

So update time! With the help of several buddies we got the car fully on air

Being that the one company that bags Monaros in Australia did not have any pictures or info to go with their install guide I feel this should be helpful.

So first off we cut and ground the spring mounting points flat,

next step was getting mounting holes drilled. We made cardboard templates to mark the holes on the spring mount. Followed by cutting out the floor in order to access the bolts and beating one piece of metal back in order to gain clearance

When we were all done

here is where our install differs from the aussi installs. I was told "just drill through the control arm and mount the bag". As much of a pain as it was to get through the floor we weren't too keen on drilling through the control arm. So once again Cody (mullet) to the rescue. We bagged his girlfriends TC2 a few weeks ago and we had left over brackets we didn't need from her kit so we welded them to the control arm, and used the center bolt hole on the bag to mount it to the control arm.

We then rattle canned all of this raw steel to keep from rusting. I don't have any more pictures of our install last night but from this point it was just lining up bolt holes which at 3 am proved to be a challenge.

We got the car driveable and threw all of the rear interior panels in the back of the car and we proceeded to go to bed. Then I put my interior back in at my parents house the next morning. I went to my parents house for a key reason. I had 99% of the rear interior out making rear shelf removal easy, so being that I have decided to use rear shelf subs I threw my oem blaupunkt 6.75s back in the rear shelf and turned the oem amp up a hair. So I now have proper bass again.

So now onto how it looks up and down.

Aired all the way up:

Aired out:

then a donk impala parked next to me at my apartment complex so I showed him what was up, both trunk lids were the same height

an evening full of fun

WFC #531

I forgot another thing I discovered recently. In an attempt to clean up the interior I want to change the gear selector handle (yes my car has a slush box). So I disassembled my console to see what I can do. And I discovered the release on the shifter is literally a rod in a lever, so really any unmarked shifter will work. I am thinking a crystal bubble knob or some weighted metal knob.

WFC #531

Car is coming along good man.
    -Rob
    AWDfitted.

Quote Originally Posted by Niterider03 View Post
    Car is coming along good man.
    thank you. it is slowly coming along lol. Hopefully come h2o it will be sitting with something closer to ET perfect
    WFC #531

this came out awesome and that setup with the tc2 parts was genius, really pumped on this thing and send us an email with some photos when you get a chance and want us to post it.

I was working the other day and my little brother had nothing to do so I gave him my keys and he picked up my car from my work, detailed it and when he returned to trade cars he had his camera around his neck. So I asked why he had it and he ended up doing a small shoot on it at Zachary Taylor National Cemetery. It is still extremely far from a finished project but it is coming along.

Last edited by GTOguy; 06-08-2014 at 08:17 PM.
    WFC #531

Quote Originally Posted by John@BagRiders View Post
    this came out awesome and that setup with the tc2 parts was genius, really pumped on this thing and send us an email with some photos when you get a chance and want us to post it.
    John want me to send those last ones I posted to your email address? I assume it is john@bagriders.com, right?
    WFC #531

Quote Originally Posted by GTOguy View Post
    John want me to send those last ones I posted to your email address? I assume it is john@bagriders.com, right?
    if you haven't sent them already, just send them to sales@bagriders.com

Quote Originally Posted by John@BagRiders View Post
    if you haven't sent them already, just send them to sales@bagriders.com
    I just sent them now!
    WFC #531

Just need more aggressive wheels

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ric View Post
    Just need more aggressive wheels

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Talking to spintech now about 3 piece 18" step lip conversion on the style 5s. I am basically going to match the wheel specs of Jake Owen's GTO with LM5t's.
    WFC #531

I follow you on IG. Love this car man awesome work

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by leggyman17 View Post
    I follow you on IG. Love this car man awesome work

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    thanks man I appreciate it!
    WFC #531

Numerous things in this update. I am beyond surprised by the amount of photos I got from Import Alliance.

thanks S3 mag!

and thanks again stancenation and Jay Baumgardner for this shot

I got this from a buddy while my car awaits body work and paint next week

Also I should be pulling the wheels to ship to spintech either this weekend or when I get the car back from the body shop once I have spacers to run with some e90 stockers.
    WFC #531

congatulation for the bags ...lookng good and diffrent as usual.
    what's you plan for the wheels?

Quote Originally Posted by PhAyman View Post
    congatulation for the bags ...lookng good and diffrent as usual.
    what's you plan for the wheels?
    thanks. The plan is waffling all over the place at this moment. I almost pulled the trigger on some VS-XX's the other night. Then waffled realized they are becoming common and decided against them. I like CCW D110's but they have too much of a racey look for my goal. I am now kinda back to planning to step lip the style 5s. I'm planning to do 18x11.5 et 35 or so in the rear and a 18x10 et 10 in the front. I need to get several other things as well to pull everything off as well as fix some minor issues.

I never updated this when i got my car back from being painted. I couldn't be happier with how it came out and here are some pictures.

ooh dat wet paint

one of my favorite recent pictures taken by my little brother

then I put some 18" e90 wheels on with spacers to clear the bags

I do have tires on their way for new wheels/stepped style 5s. I also bought a new splitter for my car to get rid of my haggard one.
    WFC #531

I bought new wheels... and then put a deposit on other new wheels...

First with what I bought and put on my car. These are m-parallels (not reps) 18x8 et 13 and 18x9.5 et 25. I have 215/35s in the front and 245/35s in the rear. I am putting some 205/40 all weather tires on them from a buddy when he sells his wheels for the winter... the first snow already proved these falken fk453's to be sketchy... We also rolled my rear fender lips more to get lower on these wheels and to ride lower, we also covered a phonebook in tire shine to try to get a little lower so there is a slight pull in the quarters now.

So now for what I put a deposit on... if anyone remembers the the army green GTO on here, it has been parted out and sold. I purchased the tires off of it, then decided against steplipping my Style 5's so I am going to purchase the LM5T's off of that car.

WFC #531