Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Current status?

still trying to figure out what's up with my front suspension... all the arms and links seems to not look worn, but I still get a lot of swaying while driving. I am going to get my alignment specs checked out again and see if that could just be the prob.

other than that I have a valve cover leak that makes my car stink

but it is a daily and get alot of abuse driving around LA
    WFC #003 - @grippy_wfc

Currently stored away in my garage, safe from all the snow and salt. I'm switching over to air this spring and I hope I won't regret it. I'm also getting it repainted the same color (OBP) as well as adding a few other goodies. (:

Mine is currently on stock suspension for winter. I did a sedan front end (10mm wider than my stock wagon ones) put stiffer springs on my coils, bought some Work VS-XXs to fix up and re-lip in time for car show season. Also, if the budget allows, I'll be vinyl wrapping it matte white metallic.

My Civic is finally fixed, inspected and recently broke 203k.

My SRT-6 is currently hanging out in the garage after being driven a good bit this past weekend. Hoping to install my Needswings oil catch can soon and dropping it off for paint next week.
    WFC #244
    Mid-Atlantic Chapter President

SRT-6 build: http://www.wrongfitmentcrew.com/foru...053#post207053

Instagram: @osshwa

Dropped my car back down on the coilovers two weeks ago. Finally finished building my VS-XXs. Should be getting tires mounted this Saturday and hopefully manhandling my fenders to fit them this weekend. It's getting close to show season here, so I'm antsy to get these fitted.

Sad and broke lol. Just ordered wheels/management for one project, still need to order wheels and aero for the Jetta, the S14 needs a lot of stuff but I can't yet because funding.
    IG: OsakaFlocka

WFC #2258

Sad, broke, and angry. Such a bad mixture lol

No sadness allowed in here, even though Spring is making a slow comeback this year; on the eastcoast at least. I currently have no roof. Well, no sunroof to be more specific, but I'm working on getting that sorted out. If anyone has tips for making molds and composite materials, please pm me. I only THINK I know what I'm doing.... but really, I have NO IDEA .

well...I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong
    instagram:@cleantune ; Twitter: Cleantune@Cleantune2

I was only joking about being sad lol. Still stressed because I have a lot to do but I'll live. So pumped for this show season! My last Jetta got totaled at the beginning of the season and I didn't get and build a replacement until the end sol I have to make up for lost time this year.

WFC #2258

Haha, I assumed so. Yeah, I hear you, so many things to do! The other day I started making a checklist of projects to finish... Oh mahhaann, haha.

Would have helped if I actually started doing stuff over the winter lol

WFC #2258

Ordered some Cosmis wheels today. Placed a order for BC coil overs over a month ago and should be shipping out on the 30th for me. #Nomorewintermode

BCs are excellent!

WFC #2258

Quote Originally Posted by drift55 View Post
    BCs are excellent!
    Heard they are! Got Extreme Lows with 14k spring rates all around and rear camber plates. Also these came in today
    11075007_980292655344711_2407867557919628121_n.jpg

^Nice choice! I'm sure you've seen it already, but if not, Cosmis has a video that serves as a testament to how durable their wheels are.... which is really durable; like a car hit the wheel during a tandem drifting run and the whole front end was wrecked, but the car that was hit just needed to readjust the rear suspension arms on that side and then they used that wheel for the rest of the competition that day. For those who haven't seen the vid, thats what it shows :] . I'm really beginning to like these wheels a lot. The XT-206Rs are especially cool looking wheels! The center caps are awesome too, aren't they carbon or something like that?

As for myself, been doing a crazy amount of research on tire sizes. I've been on tyrestretch. com, RimTuck. com, google, and so many different online articles. I'm so torn on whether or not to stretch this set of tires. Chunky/meaty well-fit tire/wheel combo or stretch them and go after some clean wheel poke? So, currently trying to figure all that out. So so hyped that the "eternal" winter, here on the East Coast, has finally been overcome with the warmth of the spring....which means no more winter excuses to hold up project progress .

Last edited by Cleantune; 05-08-2015 at 12:29 PM.

Currently I'm chasing a clunk coming from my front end when i go from full lock in reverse all my ball joints bushings and tierods felt fine. So its either my endlinks binding or my spl uniball bushings are just noisy and I'm being a complainer. Also need new front tires because i bubbled my second set in less then 4,000 miles. And an alignment i think the guy that did my alignment gave me extra toe in when my car was aired up to compensate for negative camber so when at ride height its giving me excessive toe and overheating my tires causing the side wall separation and cheap tires, that's my theory. Car has been ready for bodywork and paint for almost 3 months now but I've been lazy.

on a positive note, scored a deal on a bunch of parts sold alot of them and doubled my money on it. So i got paid to take a front and rear bumper in good shape and they are the same color as my car. Seeing my car in one color has really boosted my focus on getting my car done finally just when i was completely burnt out and debating on parting ways with it.
    Changed my windshield sun strip from red metallic to gloss black and started my resonated axle back quad exhaust. Originally i just tack welded extensions and the quad tips to my stock muffler but it rattled terribly on my diffuser so this should take car of all that.

Finally came up with a list of what needs to be done to be 100% happy and for my car to be finished in its last and final stage
    * iconic dynamics non sport bumper splitter
    * g37 akebono brake swap
    * try to find 06 projector headlights for less then $900 bucks
    * have seats redone with black suede diamond stitch centers
    * 60% bronze tint on all windows including complete windshield
    * order 7" lips for the rear and put my 6" lips on my fronts wheel specs will be rear:19x12.5 -11 front:19x11 -14 (after 10mm spacer to clear calipers)
    * arp extended studs
    * fix my bacon fenders and the little dings and respray same color, color match spare grill, mirror bases, and drip rails. Maybe ill add gold flake in the base color

How the poop coupe sits currently *iphone pic is all i have right now

Car is back in the bodyshop again because I wasn't totally satisfied with the outcome of my paintjob. Overall the paint and bodywork came out well but there were a few flaws in the clearcoat that needed to be addressed. Thankfully the shop that painted my car was totally cool about everything and welcomed me to bring the car back in for them to correct the small flaws. Hopefully i'll get it back soon.

As for me......stressed out as usual.
    WFC #244
    Mid-Atlantic Chapter President

SRT-6 build: http://www.wrongfitmentcrew.com/foru...053#post207053

Instagram: @osshwa

the motor in my mr2 is currently being rebuilt since it took a shit on me last summer after 350whp. so it still needs that, another trip to the bodyshop for paint, retune, and new wheels.

so all and all, i guess not too bad lol
    WFC #843
    Ol Skool JDM Yo
    Twitter/Instagram: KingJaffeJo_
    92 MR2 Turbo / 08 E92 M3

not much going on with my car except trying to save for wheels. gotta do the timing belt and other related stuff so wheels may have to wait. its killing me driving the car around on steelies and fat tires.

Car is finally in the body shop having my fenders cleaned up some stuff tow hook cover shaved color matching mirror bases and drip rails. And having it resprayed with top of the line ppg base and clear and color sanded and buffed. Should be back next month.