Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do I even like cars?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Why do I even like cars?

So I haven't really had my car to the point where a build thread would really be necessary but I figured why not make one. Fun stuff has been happening lately.

This car is my first car and I've had it for about 2 and a half years. It's a MK5 Jetta with the 2.5 liter Inline 5. So essentially it's half a Gallardo with more convenience...is what I wish people believed.

Bagged it from the start on Rotiforms.

Eh.

Then I got new wheels. They are OZ Pegasus. Front fitment needed real help, the rear was ok. I also put a Wolfsburg front end on which replaces the chrome grilles with black. I also added a few random little things to make it look slightly better.

Then I broke my subframe in half because I don't know how to be on air.

Got really bored with the car and started not liking it. The next season (last year) I widened my OZs, powdercoated them and was now running 2.5 lips all around. Final specs were 17x9.5/10 et 31/37 and switched up my air setup to Airlift Performance series which is essentially bag over coil and bought Koni rear shocks which I hate and will be replacing. These changes made me start liking the car again.

Then I made them BBS silver because cleaning white wheels was not fun. Lost some fender paint too. Weight savings.

So this year I decided to change some stuff. Bear with me.
    U C da ice

No clue what the offsets are. What I do know is they are 17x9.5/10 with a 3.5" lip up front and a 4" out back. Rears didn't fit, luckily I had IDF UCAs already installed which allowed me to dial in -6* of rear camber.

With that I went to Dubs on Defrost

Hashtag hot euro models

Last edited by drift55; 05-15-2014 at 08:31 PM.
    IG: OsakaFlocka

WFC #2258

I also picked up another project. It's a 1996 SL500 that needs some help. The convertible top's motor blew which is more than I can afford so we'll see how fast that gets fixed. A lot of stupid stuff is wrong too like the traction control stopped working but most of it can wait...like the traction control. Plan is to make it low and VIPish.

Locked down a garage in the center of town to make cars cool in. That way I can store stuff and have a warm, dry place to work with.

Went to my friend's garage to discuss how to pump up the ignance.
    He has cool stuff

Formulated a plan and this was the result:

-9 degrees of camber. But then I was like naaaaahhhhhhhh

So now it sits at -11.5

"Finished" it today. I aligned it myself so I could drive it to be aligned. I'll take some sweet phone pics tomorrow when I get it aligned and can actually drive it. I'm working on the front next. My goal is going to be -5ish up front.

WFC #2258

Here's some more pictures of my last look

http://www.slammedenuff.com/paul-wirtas-jetta.html

WFC #2258

I remember seeing that corolla at staggered last year. Thing was dope
    Instagram: @matt.lee.wfc_
    WFC #391
    Quote Originally Posted by hiimdreh View Post
    another Subaru some day.
    Though I'm not too fond of new Subaru owners recently.

Quote Originally Posted by RuhRohh View Post
    I remember seeing that corolla at staggered last year. Thing was dope
    Yeah dude! It's insane! He's finishing his E30 build now and after that's done he's going to start on his AE86.

WFC #2258

Tooled around with the alignment last night so I could be able to drive it to the alignment shop this morning. This is my second attempt and, like the first, I drove the car about a quarter mile and the right rear wheel toed out a lot and started dragging. I didn't really want to deal with it today so I turned it around and put it away after taking some cell phone pictures.

Couldn't air all the way out due to the toe issue but this gives and idea of the rear fitment.

The culprit.

WFC #2258

Quote Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
    Looks good man. When you throwing the S/C on it? lol.
    Hopefully sooner rather than later. First I need coilovers and to upgrade the brakes a bit. I also need to spend some money on my other cars so the supercharger is taking a bit of a back seat but as soon as I'm ready to throw money at this car it's first in line

WFC #2258

Quote Originally Posted by drift55 View Post
    Hopefully sooner rather than later. First I need coilovers and to upgrade the brakes a bit. I also need to spend some money on my other cars so the supercharger is taking a bit of a back seat but as soon as I'm ready to throw money at this car it's first in line
    Good point. I need to upgrade my brakes on my TSX before i add any power. Trying to get the suspension right. Can't wait to see what this will turn out like those. Seen a few CR-Zs and they look mad nice.
    Sig coming soon...

Good point. I need to upgrade my brakes on my TSX before i add any power. Trying to get the suspension right. Can't wait to see what this will turn out like those. Seen a few CR-Zs and they look mad nice.
    As it turns out, my friend has a really cool one and he lives 15 minutes from me so this summer we'll be double trouble

WFC #2258

These are awesome. A close friend of mine held a Dyno day in october and another friend put his girls CRZ on the dyno..it surprised everyone. They're snappy. Can't wait for updates.
    -Kyle
    WFC # 1130

http://www.crzforum.com/forum/cr-z-b...rbo-build.html

Check this out. Might be of interested for you. 4.3psi and he was making 200hp. Nice.
    Sig coming soon...

Quote Originally Posted by brokenspeed View Post
    These are awesome. A close friend of mine held a Dyno day in october and another friend put his girls CRZ on the dyno..it surprised everyone. They're snappy. Can't wait for updates.
    They're so weird haha! I've been super into weird tuning lately. Things like odd NA motors, rotaries, hybrids, etc and this car fits the bill haha!

WFC #2258

That's what I'm aiming for myself. Replace the clutch for me tho. The one I have has about 170k on it. So that's a must when i decide to boost. Here lately I've just be like "screw it. 75 shot and I'll be fine." Lol.
    At 170k if you don't replace the clutch it'll make sure you do soon hahah

WFC #2258

Test fit pics bruhhh
    WFC # 197
    UsVersusThem
    Wagon MOB
    SPECIAL FEEL!
    Quote Originally Posted by mister hashimoto View Post
    john u dont need air just roll how u use to
    Quote Originally Posted by RLB View Post
    I've been on air for a month. Stay static brother. I think i'm gonna go back.

Quote Originally Posted by Subielove View Post
    Test fit pics bruhhh
    Soon lol. I'm going to throw them on and measure for adapters some time this week

WFC #2258

They are gonna look so sweet I already have faith.
    WFC # 197
    UsVersusThem
    Wagon MOB
    SPECIAL FEEL!
    Quote Originally Posted by mister hashimoto View Post
    john u dont need air just roll how u use to
    Quote Originally Posted by RLB View Post
    I've been on air for a month. Stay static brother. I think i'm gonna go back.

Quote Originally Posted by Subielove View Post
    They are gonna look so sweet I already have faith.
    I'm super hyped!

WFC #2258

Well, I have a cool daily again haha! Finally lowered the CRZ! It's on BC extreme lows and it rides pretty well! I could go lower but I like the height it's at. I also traded some of my RPF1s (I had 6, don't judge me) for a set of Volk Monsters which I absolutely love! I don't have the center caps on because my lugs are too long. The new, shorter ones should be here Saturday

The coils in question. 8K/7K since they car's pretty light they keep me from smashing the ground pretty well lol!

I'll try to get some good pictures soon.

Also, the 240 is currently hideous but it should be looking real good soon!

Until then I'm accumulating parts. My body kit's on its way from Japan, My Fortune Autos and my Ganadors came in recently, and I got a pair of bash bars! I also got a killer deal on a Kaaz 2 way which I was super excited for! There's more but I don't have pictures haha.

I can't wait to put these in! They look awesome!

I also got a signed Bee R Power Builder

I also bought a set of AMG wheels because they were cheap and I have a problem

WFC #2258

i would love to see the CRZ with some aggressive camber
    Kyle
    WFC #306

I've wanted a set since before I had a car and since I now have a car that fits them, I figured I needed a set haha!! I was sweating over this pair because they were a pretty good price but I wasn't exactly ready to spend the money on them yet. A friend of mine said "you're going to end up buying them at some point so fuck it", and here they are! Ha!

WFC #2258