Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do I even like cars?

Quote Originally Posted by RuhRohh View Post
    damn dude. so just swap everything over from the old car into the new one?
    anything else in stores other than the front camber?
    Everything I installed on the old car is going on the new one. If I find a good deal on wheels I might make a swap before H2Oi but other than that I just want to wrap some of the interior. Over the winter I'm either doing an intake manifold and tune or a little custom aero. Maybe both
    IG: OsakaFlocka

WFC #2258

So an update! Got everything swapped over from the old Jetta onto the new Jetta with the help of KDDesign. I upgraded my rear suspension to double billow rear bags and BC shocks. It drives like a new car! I'm in love! Although I might switch to extreme lows so I can get a shorter shock. I also have control arm extensions from Broken Co. and now have about -6* of camber up front. Ideally I'd like about -10 but it'll do for now. Unfortunately they push the front wheels outward a bit so my Works don't fit. I want to change setups this winter anyway so I'm not too upset. Finished about an hour before leaving for H2Oi. This was longer than I've driven the last Jetta (post-camber) by about 7 hours and on a car that was only test driven the 45 minutes it took to get to my house. Thankfully the car made it to and from H2Oi without a single fault. Which is funny because last year I broke down 3 times. Unfortunately OCPD wasn't a fan so I didn't get to drive it. I have never met more rude police officers. Oh well!

Here's the only outing it made without being pulled over...across the street from my condo lol!

And here's me getting screamed at by OCPD. He told me to tow it or "get on [my] fucking hands and knees and fix this piece of shit".

I chose option one

Later that night, a friend of a friend of a friend towed it outside OC city lines and I left it at Walmart over night since it was banned from OC on Sunday and I was leaving Monday.

Then on the drive home my friend Adam (in the yellow 20th) broke down a lot (but not me looooooooool)

And here are some pics from a local Cars and Coffee. No one understood my car. Some of their responses were hilarious.

And today I drove it through my flooding town to get Starbucks.

This winter I want to do more aesthetically. I definitely need to massage my rear fenders so I can get my wheels away from my shocks. They rub and it's notching my shocks. I'm also looking into chopping up my subframe so I can go lower in the front. I can buy lower control arms for the rear that'll drop it a bit but I'm laying frame up front and I'm still not laying lip so that needs to change.

WFC #2258

I bought something

WFC #2258

Seems to be the car to buy these days. 240's are the new Civic. Congrats though!
    WFC #244
    Mid-Atlantic Chapter President

SRT-6 build: http://www.wrongfitmentcrew.com/foru...053#post207053

Instagram: @osshwa

Quote Originally Posted by OSSHWA View Post
    Seems to be the car to buy these days. 240's are the new Civic. Congrats though!
    They're getting a little...saturated lol. I've always loved Zenki S14s and wanted to build one before I got my license but for a series of reasons I wasn't able to get one...until now! I figured it'd be great to learn how to work on cars with since it's a lot simpler than my Jetta. I have some plans but for now it's going to be my winter car (I know, I know)

WFC #2258

Loved it with the OZ pegasus setup.
    WFC # 120983
    www.stancepilipinas.com
    www.facebook.com/stancepilipinas

Quote Originally Posted by bRoooze View Post
    Loved it with the OZ pegasus setup.
    I loved that look too. I wish they still fit

WFC #2258

My friend Nick and I have been working on it for the past few days to get it dailyable. It runs really rich and keep dying at idle and then the motor floods. I ordered a bunch of tune-up parts to sort some of the issues out too. I also need to motor mounts because there are solid mounts in the car now and that's no fun, order stuff to fix the power steering leak, and an exhaust that's not a straight pipe. I have an appointment Wednesday to replace the windshield because the one on it is destroyed and I need to have the rear tints taken off because they're 2%.

In other news, it now has plates! I took it on its maiden voyage to the GMC dealership my friend Nick works at so he could toss it on a lift and fix some shit.

Orange as oranges

WFC #2258

Went to take off the 2% tints and replace them with 35%s and I got stuck in the entrance

Also got it on a lift to check it out and there's not a single bit of rust!

Then we fucked it up with bed liner! Gotta keep the salt out

And the exhaust hanger got destroyed so this is how it's hanging on.

I've never been so happy with a car before! It's so much fun! I'm in love

WFC #2258

Any plans to refresh the headlights?
    WFC #244

Any plans to refresh the headlights?
    Yup! It's not an immediate concern but it's high on my list. It was actually something I planned on doing soon but I just took it to get an inspection sticker and when they gave me the car back it wouldn't run. It start and the revs would bounce around and die. So that's something I need to sort first. If it winds up being inexpensive I'll replace the headlights soon. If not it'll be a while.

WFC #2258

The jetta looks amazing but was just curious was there any specific reason you got a 240? What happened to the SL500?

Quote Originally Posted by kRAM View Post
    The jetta looks amazing but was just curious was there any specific reason you got a 240? What happened to the SL500?
    Thank you! I actually planned on getting one for my first car but a series of events led me to getting a Jetta. I've wanted to get into drifting since before I had my license and I needed a winter car so I figured I'd get one car that'll do both. Why I chose an S14 was because I love Zenki S14s and I'm not very good at working on cars so something like a 240 is easy because it's a 90s Nissan with a huge following with a wealth of knowledge. Learning to work on cars by starting with a newer VW is like learning Math by starting with advanced calculus

The Mercedes hasn't really had any updates. Only thing I've done is drive it and replace the battery. Now it's going into storage to avoid road salt. Hopefully I sell my wheels and will be able to use the extra money and give it some love.

WFC #2258

The huge database on 240's and how to fix them is one of the reasons I'm also considering it. Thanks for the response, definitely in for updates on any of the cars lol.

Quote Originally Posted by kRAM View Post
    The huge database on 240's and how to fix them is one of the reasons I'm also considering it. Thanks for the response, definitely in for updates on any of the cars lol.
    Everyone pokes fun at 240s for being fanboy cars and I quickly learned that there's a reason and it's because they're so much fun! I've driven a lot of cars and my little 100something hp, stock KA powered 240 is one of the most fun! Definitely look into getting one. At the very least test drive one! And thanks!

WFC #2258

Bought some winters for the 240. 16" Crown Vic meshes

WFC #2258

Running issues were sorted. My cars' step father (lol) Nick replaced a thermostat and radiator hoses along with some other, unexciting things that make it run nice. Also tossed the rear wheels on so I could return the borrowed BMW wheels

I'm in love!

I think I'll go 18s for summer. Lots of tuck.

WFC #2258

I don't know if I'd really consider this an update but I put the VS-XX from my Jetta on the S14 until the Jetta's moving again.

WFC #2258

Personally I think they look better on the 240 than they do/did on the Jetta. Not saying that they looked bad on the Jetta - they just look more at home on the S-Chassis.
    WFC #244

Personally I think they look better on the 240 than they do/did on the Jetta. Not saying that they looked bad on the Jetta - they just look more at home on the S-Chassis.
    I'm having trouble deciding which looks better. But they're going back on the Jetta soon. I am on the hunt for wheels for the 240 though

WFC #2258