Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do I even like cars?

So here's a bit of an update.

Decided the Works have a new home on the S14.

Rear fitment shot. I think I might go wider. I love the way it looks now but it could be wider in the front. I have 4" lips in the rear and 4.5" lips sitting at home I could throw on and then replace the 3.5" front lips with the 4s from the rear. I dunno. Soon it'll be getting more attention but right now I need to focus on the Jetta and the Mercedes.

Yes the Jetta still exists. It needs some help which it should be getting this week in order to be ready for a show it's registered for on Sunday. Temporary wheels are on their way. I'm going to be experimenting with 18s on the Jetta and if I like it I'll import some 18s, if not, 17s again it is! After this weekend it's going away again and having some big changes done!

Also, these came in....

Lastly, 'Merica

IG: OsakaFlocka

WFC #2258

Looking good man
    Kyle
    WFC #306

Quote Originally Posted by irishguy0224 View Post
    Looking good man
    Thank you!

WFC #2258

Went to the Mohegan Sun show, blew out a tire 5 minutes from my house, swapped the Crown Vic SSR special 1 piece wheels onto the rear. Made it there early and still got into the VIP section despite being approved with my Jetta, pulling up with mismatched wheels and steam pouring from my hood as the 240 over heated. I had a blast. It was a good time.

In other news the Jetta should be running this week and it's "new look" will be half way done.

WFC #2258

Test fit kind of thing on the temp wheels

WFC #2258

the jetta looks pretty good on those wheels

Quote Originally Posted by RyanF View Post
    the jetta looks pretty good on those wheels
    I like them a lot more than I thought I would

WFC #2258

I dig RPF1's on VW's.
    WFC #244
    Mid-Atlantic Chapter President

SRT-6 build: http://www.wrongfitmentcrew.com/foru...053#post207053

Instagram: @osshwa

Quote Originally Posted by OSSHWA View Post
    I dig RPF1's on VW's.
    Me too! It's a shame most VWs have really restrictive fenders so people have to run super high offsets. I'm not really a fan of the super high offset RPF1s

WFC #2258

Also, Ta-Dah!

WFC #2258

that looks awesome
    Kyle
    WFC #306

Quote Originally Posted by irishguy0224 View Post
    that looks awesome
    Thank you!

WFC #2258

HERE'S AN UPDATE KIND OF I GUESS

I was driving the 240 a lot more than my daily because I've been having so much fun with it! I guess it's so hyped for a reason.

Took it for an alignment and one of the eccentric bolts on the toe arm was seized and the head sheared off so that was fun. Also the stock arms didn't have enough adjustment for the -5ish degrees of camber I was running so a little while later I ordered DME toe arms and an SPL eccentric lockout kit to correct that and threw them in with the help of my friend Boogie.

Also while we were at it I decided to install the extended studs I bought because the ones on the car were old and beat and the option to run spacers would be fun, especially since the front fenders are 20mm wider than the rear so they're kinda sunk. While doing that both bolts in the caliper bracket disintegrated on the passenger rear which was fun so I wound up driving home with 3 calipers...

Also found some not so fun stuff on the driver side rocker panel.

I might just do a quick fix and then cover it with side skirts I'm hopefully buying off my buddy's Kouki to hold me over until I can fix it for realsies and paint it (I don't really like orange).

Also my rear coils are blown so probably getting new coils all around because K Sports are just igght and I want some stiffer springs and all that jazz. Thinking Fortune Auto or Stance.

So now it's sitting until stuff arrives.

THE JETTA!

Eh. I took it on some road trips to events and vacations. The E-Level sensors are acting up so I've been eye-balling the height which has been eventful. Just bought some temporary gauges so I'll pretenf I have Switchspeed. Also my reinforced oil pan is seeping (gross but accurate word) which is......cool I guess.

Club Loose X Baby Sitters' Cars X Illuminati

Me and my buddy Scotty chumming it up at Anchor Down where he took home "Best Euro Other"

Also took a trip to my aunt's house on Cape Cod

She likes cars too

So soon I'll actually post fun stuff.

Also my Jetta might be for sale soon.

WFC #2258

Your aunt has good taste
    Kyle
    WFC #306

She's a fun lady. She has more cars too and it's like some kind of weird car Disney Land going to her house lol

WFC #2258

One day i'll own a Lotus Esprit. Doesn't even matter what generation because I love all of them.

What's next if you sell the Jetta?
    WFC #244

There's a bunch of different stuff I'm considering. It will either be something comfy or something fun to drive. Nothing in between. Whatever I get will get coils or bags and wheels and some aesthetic stuff done to it. Nothing wild but definitely needs to look good lol

WFC #2258

Quote Originally Posted by drift55 View Post
    There's a bunch of different stuff I'm considering. It will either be something comfy or something fun to drive. Nothing in between. Whatever I get will get coils or bags and wheels and some aesthetic stuff done to it. Nothing wild but definitely needs to look good lol
    Lol that's essentially the same philosophy i've had with all of my cars. The Miata was the only car that got a bit towards the wild side.
    WFC #244

Quote Originally Posted by OSSHWA View Post
    Lol that's essentially the same philosophy i've had with all of my cars. The Miata was the only car that got a bit towards the wild side.
    I mean, it's not like the Jetta's super built but it has a lot into fitment and stuff so it's not that great to drive. It was built when it was my only car so I got a little carried away so I could execute all the stuff I've ever wanted to do but now it's not my only car so I cna have something that drives a little nicer and have wild cars lol

WFC #2258

TREMENDOUS NEWS!!

The S14 is fixed! And I upgraded the likes with Stoptech stainless lines...and then I learned I need new brake hardlines...

This past weekend I fooled around with the Jetta a bit. Mostly just putting things back where they belong like the fender liners and working on my front bumper actually fitting correctly (Mk5 front bumpers never fit right after making a bunch of contact with stuff).

I also found some of the new road being paved near my favorite Starbucks on my frame so that's cool.

And today Phill and I represented WFC at a show up in NH hosted by VT Stance. Both of us won Staff Choice awards. It was my first time ever winning something and it felt really special! It was a really fun time!

Phill also shot a roller of my car on the way there while driving his own car lol! And it came out amazing!!

WFC #2258