Thread: Code's mountain carver

Default Code's mountain carver

Okay so bare with me people. I have had this car for six years, so there is a lot to cover from when I first bought it. I will give the high points/cliff notes.

(Oh this is still an on going build. My priorities have changed so I stopped working on the car for the last two years. The last couple of months are the only time I have changed anything to it.)

So this is how it looked when I first got her. I am pretty sure this was taken the first day I bought it.

First modification I did was change the oxidized headlights with facelift headlights (2005-2006). I switched out the rc car antenna for an Ark Racing shorty antenna, and placed SeoulfulRacing angel eyes in the new headlights.

A year or longer past I didn't touch the car. Instead I just collected parts for it, and made a nice little mound. Things like;
    Seoulful Racing headers/System Upgrade headers

Rotora BBK

I managed to get a hold of a Next Generation Motorsport supercharger manifold (at the time I was a college student working part time so the funds were not there to buy a full kit out right.)

I really got tired of the look of the car. The 03-04 bumper was annoying, so I began looking for a facelift bumper. Remember at the time I was a college student so I couldn't afford a new bumper of hand. I manged to find a guy in South Carolina selling one. So ehh five to six hours to pick it up.

Month afterwards I finally had the money to have the bumper painted. While waiting I bought some tuscani emblems had them custom painted, and also received one of maybe two (at the time) carbon fiber fog light surrounds made by a guy in New York.

The car sat for a couple of months while I collected more parts. I grew worried about not being able to find an Eaton MP62 blower to match my manifold. So I went back and forth on what I wanted to do with the car. I found a good deal on a naturally aspirated NGM manifold. So I jumped the gun bought it, had a local guy powder coat it for me. Guy did an amazing job.

I went back and forward on what I wanted the engine to look like color wise. I am OCD on something so I wanted it to match or run smooth together. I hooked up the manifold and was never able to make it work. I got frustrated because of a vacuum leak I couldn't find. I never put it back on after that. I did find out a week later a guy I know was selling his Eaton MP62. So I sold off my N/A manifold to buy the blower. The supercharger sat for a year while I bought things like side skirts ect.

One day I got the crazy idea I wanted to go all out on the engine bay. My mind set for the whole time I had the car is I wanted a conservative clean look. So I said the hell with it why not have the blower 24k plated.

Remember the supercharger manifold? Well I had to get it powdercoated as well. The previous coating was chipping and I had to keep up with the color scheme I had in mind.

Instead of finsihing rebuilding the rest of my supercharger I let it sit (and it's still sitting).
    I switched my focus to wheels and suspension at this point. I did plenty of research and took the time to do what I thought was everything right. I bought an Eastwood roller. Rolled my fenders, and got camber bolts. I was impatient and had them mounted before I could lower it.

Very next thing I bought was Megan Racing coilovers. Absolutely ***** installing these, took me and a co worker eight hours to install them. So much rust on the stock suspension. I installed control arms as well the bushing on the OEM ones we had to burn out. So many annoyances.

But I absolutely loved the look, braking, and handling when I had the set up on!

The stock wheels specs are 17x7's the XXR's were 17x9.75 +25. The set up did rub but only on deep pot holes or hard cornering. I shaved the bumper brackets down but no luck. If I would of went to a good alignment shop I would of probably had no problems. At the time I was an idiot and went to two different dealerships neither would do the specs I wanted and suggested else. I learned my lesson though.

All good things must come to an end I was on my way back to work from lunch when this happened.
    The XXR's handled pretty good for what all I was using them (trips back and forth over the Appalachian mountains). I was really surprised to see there wasn't much damage on them because I drove on the wheel to pull off into the grass.

After that incident I decided to sell the wheels off and go back to the stock ones.

I went back to collecting parts. Auto trans 60k miles.

Remember those headers? Yup still not installed so I gave them a little love.

After seeing the new Mini Countryman I fell in love with the Surf Blue. So I decided to change the engine color scheme.

I watched Ebay, Wheelflip, VRWheels, and various other wheel web sites looking for a good deal on some used multi pieced wheels. Finally found a set I was happy with for the price and specs.

They were in decent shape I just didn't like the colors so I changed it up.

Afterwards I came across a good deal on a used engine for me to build up a spare.

Here is how she sits now.

Mod list;
    Engine
    Fujita Cold Air Intake
    Flowmaster Super 44 Series 2.5 piping
    KDM System Upgrade Type C Headers (Pending Install)
    NGM Stage 0 Supercharger (Pending Install)
    Frozen Boost heat Exchanger 26x7x2 coated black (Pending Install)
    NGM Stage IV Lower Intake Manifold
    NGM Solid Motor Mounts
    NGM Fuel Pressure Regulator
    Mishimoto Transmission Cooler
    Mishimoto Radiator
    Mishimoto Water Temp Sensor
    Prosport Oil Adapter Plate

Interior
    Blue LED/SMD Conversion (In Process)
    Diode Dynamics Accent Lighting (Blue)
    Alfa Otto G3 Series Gauges
    Pioneer Avic-D3
    OEM FL2 door pulls
    Prosport Water Temp Gauge
    Prosport Oil Pressure Gauge
    OEM FL2 gear shift indicator

Suspension, Wheels, and Brakes
    DC Sports CS-1 Front Strut Bar
    DC Sports CS-2 Rear Strut Bar
    Rotora Big Brake Kit
    Rotora front slotted rotors
    Rotora Brake Pads
    Rotora stainless steal brake lines
    R1 Concepts rear drilled rotors
    Enkei Intelesse Algernon +43
    Eibach camber bolts -1.75
    Hankook Optimo 225/45/17
    Megan Racing coilovers
    Ingalls Smartarms

Exterior
    OEM FL Front Bumper Conversion
    OEM KDM FL Headlights Conversion
    OEM FL Tail lights Conversion (Code AiR Niteshaded)
    OEM FL Fog light Conversion
    SharkRacing OEM FL LED Gills Conversion
    M&S Front Lip
    SeoulfulRacing SMD Angel Eyes
    ForceFedFlesh OEM two toned emblems
    ForceFedFlesh Carbon fiber Gas Cap
    ForceFedFlesh Carbon fiber FL Fog Light Surrounds
    ForceFedFlesh Carbon fiber Exterior Pillars
    Ark Antenna
    Air Rock FL Eye Lines
    Rolled fenders

Fancy seeing you here as well

I'm way cooler here than on StanceWorks though hahaha.
    WFC #244
    Mid-Atlantic Chapter President

SRT-6 build: http://www.wrongfitmentcrew.com/foru...053#post207053

Instagram: @osshwa

Quote Originally Posted by OSSHWA View Post
    Fancy seeing you here as well

I'm way cooler here than on StanceWorks though hahaha.
    OMGWTFBBQ?!?! lol tib gets no love on here? I feel like this is the high class site where as stanceworks is for the middle class lol. I like stanceworks a lot of unique builds on here it's a lot of polished build.

Quote Originally Posted by Code AiR View Post
    OMGWTFBBQ?!?! lol tib gets no love on here? I feel like this is the high class site where as stanceworks is for the middle class lol. I like stanceworks a lot of unique builds on here it's a lot of polished build.
    WFC is alot more close-knit than StanceWorks. Build threads on StanceWorks will get your more exposure, but build threads on here will get you free reach-arounds, internet high fives and an unlimited supply of dem feels.
    WFC #244
    Mid-Atlantic Chapter President

SRT-6 build: http://www.wrongfitmentcrew.com/foru...053#post207053

Instagram: @osshwa

Looking good. any future plans?

I had a couple of these cars over the years. They handle great.
    WFC #003 - @grippy_wfc

Quote Originally Posted by Volvofanatic View Post
    Looking good. any future plans?
    Hey sorry sir I don't visit here often so I just now got to see your post. Yes now that you mention it, since I last posted I've been busier than I have in the last couple of years lol.

Oh lets see where do I begin? The car has been down for over a month due to a bad head gasket as well as some other problems. So I decided to take my spare engine and build it. The cylinder heads already have a three angle valve job, and stiff valve springs. So I had them cleaned, surfaced, pressure tested, and new valve seals installed. The heads didn't come with camshafts or timing chains so I had to order those. The last couple of weeks I have been ordering new parts for the engine mainly sensors. I still have about three or four more and I will be done with that. I ordered new head bolts, new oil pump assembly, Mussa gauge pillar, new timing chain guides, oh and a new set of CP Carrillo pistons 9:1 cr.

Oh and the pictures

Quote Originally Posted by grippymonkey View Post
    I had a couple of these cars over the years. They handle great.

Yes sir! That's why I could care less about drag racing! It's fun in the twisties I can only imagine how it will feel with boost, wider wheels, and a good set of tires.

New engine is in the car!! Took only a day to pull the old one out and put the new one in. I will say the headers are not easy fit. The clearances on everything is so tight I had to pull on one header just to slide the gaskets in between the y pipe and down pipes. Plus we had to hammer the beautiful down pipe ... For $800 I shouldn't have to hammer anything. I am driving the car with open headers at the moment. I will have to go by an exhaust shop to have them replace the three bolt flange on my high flow cat with a two bolt flange. I also will have to extend my cat back exhaust a little more the cat doesn't bolt directly up with it. It comes up an inch short. Good thing though is it sounds like a cammed V8 and I love it!! lol

I forgot to post this up a few days ago. The car sounds a lot more aggressive than it used to. I hope when I finish the exhaust it maintains some of this aggressiveness.
    (Sorry for the wind noise)
    http://youtu.be/Jp6R4pelK-U