Thread: Duff's Cruze

Post Duff's Cruze

So here's the "build", it's not as epic as alot of the cars on here but I do know it's the first of it's kind. Budget is the name of the game!

Make: Chevrolet
    Model: Cruze LS 6-Speed
    Year: 2013
    Mileage: 31,xxx

So from what I've gathered there are several reasons why people don't stance Cruze's. The first reason is the rear suspension is bogus! It's a solid torsion beam axle meaning the only way to modify camber is via "camber shims". No matter how compressed the rear suspension may be, it never gains or loses camber. The second reason is the lack of availability of hub swaps especially for those of us who have drum brakes in the rear. The Bolt pattern is 5x105, Chevrolet yet again decided to make a unique bolt pattern as it did with the Cobalts...wheels in this bolt pattern are limited to high offset ebay crap!

So now that thats out of the way...I'll go through the progression of my granny gas sipper...

Fresh off the lot...

I went ahead and lowered the ole' girl some and threw on some 18x8 +35 5x105s w. 205/40/18's on it...I wan't too satisfied with the fitment and the width of the wheels killed me...

The new setup will require a little more than lowering the car... The rear camber will be taken from the factory -1.4 deg to -3.4 deg and the front will be adjusted with coilovers and camber bolts based on what I need. I picked up a set of 18x9.5 +35 XXR 531's back in November 2014. The plan is to run 215/45/18 Nankang NS-II's.

All work is at a standstill until I get back to the states so it's all a waiting game now...
    Last edited by Duff; 03-12-2015 at 03:40 AM.

The winter setup...

Not a bad start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Kyle
    WFC # 1130

I'm interested to see how the new setup fits sir! I personally didn't think the old wheels were bad either but the XXRs are definitely an upgrade. Keep up posted on your progress
    Saved By Grace I Stanced By Choice

Cant wait to see it completed. I am also building a cruze and have to say it has been a pain in the ass to find descent wheels. I just broke down and ordered adapters so i can get a better bolt pattern.

I like different. I'm interested in seeing this once it all comes together. I have a buddy who is going the same route with his Cruze. He's already on coilovers but i'm not sure if he's gotten wheels yet. The Cruze was just the recessor to the Cobalt - Cobalt's had a pretty big following at one point (I used to own an '07 Cobalt SS from fall '06 through spring '10) so I don't see why Cruze's haven't been a more popular platform to mod.
    WFC #244
    Mid-Atlantic Chapter President

SRT-6 build: http://www.wrongfitmentcrew.com/foru...053#post207053

Instagram: @osshwa

Quote Originally Posted by OSSHWA View Post
    I like different. I'm interested in seeing this once it all comes together. I have a buddy who is going the same route with his Cruze. He's already on coilovers but i'm not sure if he's gotten wheels yet. The Cruze was just the recessor to the Cobalt - Cobalt's had a pretty big following at one point (I used to own an '07 Cobalt SS from fall '06 through spring '10) so I don't see why Cruze's haven't been a more popular platform to mod.
    I can tell you why! haha. There are 3 engines that are offered for this car; 1.8l NA, 1.4T, and 2.0D. The 1.8 and 1.4 models both dyno right under 100whp from the factory. They all have sloppy transmissions (1st to 2nd grind is more common than not)You can crank boost on the 1.4T but you'll get little more than a blown clutch or turbo. So with that being said...the bang for the buck isn't there as it was for the SS models...I had a 09 SS, full bolt-ons on E85 and went from 270hp to 350whp on the dyno...I'm willing to say Chevrolet got tired of doing warranty work for cars with untraceable tunes....so they made a car so miserable performance wise noone would want to tune it.
    Last edited by Duff; 03-15-2015 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OSSHWA View Post
    My mom recently bought a Cruze LT lol.
    2016 Mustang GT PP------------IG: sloyote550
    SOLD: 1996 Mazda Miata -----------WFC #464
    SOLD: 1967 Chevy C10 Stepside
    SOLD: 2006 Mazdaspeed 6 Grand Touring. Black Cherry Mica.

My friend has a cruze so I'm curious to see the progress of this car. I borrowed my friends Cruze to go to a job interview and the transmission from 1st to 2nd is definitely sloppy.
    WFC #436