Thread: Anyone live in SC?

Default Anyone live in SC?

Well - my wife and i have been talking and sometime in the future we are going to be making the big move from NY to SC (Charleston) area. Anyone on here from SC? If so, how's the car scene in the area? What are your thoughts of the area etc.

I would love to meet some of you guys!
    Kyle
    WFC #306

Ryan Ritchie (Rubaru) lives in SC. He owns that crazy beige metallic widebody bugeye WRX. Additionally, my parents live in SC (Beaufort) and I go down there a few times a year to visit. I'd move down there in a heartbeat if they had a better job market. Very relaxed atmosphere/enviroment in the places i've been. It's also a bit humid down there, especially if you're used to northern US temps. Be prepared to sweat your balls off.
    WFC #244
    Mid-Atlantic Chapter President

SRT-6 build: http://www.wrongfitmentcrew.com/foru...053#post207053

Instagram: @osshwa

I do live in South Carolina! Unfortunately I live on the other side of the state, near the NC/GA borders. Charleston is an absolutely beautiful city, great history, great night life. The car scene down there is kinda odd. I can't speak to the scene down there, but I know there are a few nice nice cars down there like S15's, a few Evo VII's and other real japanese cars (these are just things I've seen or heard the past few years), but I can't speak to the scene down there. That being said, it's a big city for South Carolina, I'd imagine there's a car scene down there.

Josh I appreciate the attempt on spelling my last name! hahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by OSSHWA View Post
    Ryan Ritchie (Rubaru) lives in SC. He owns that crazy beige metallic widebody bugeye WRX. Additionally, my parents live in SC (Beaufort) and I go down there a few times a year to visit. I'd move down there in a heartbeat if they had a better job market. Very relaxed atmosphere/enviroment in the places i've been. It's also a bit humid down there, especially if you're used to northern US temps. Be prepared to sweat your balls off.
    lol ya i have a friend who lives down there who told me the first summer down there was brutal. Especially coming from upstate NY.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubaru View Post
    I do live in South Carolina! Unfortunately I live on the other side of the state, near the NC/GA borders. Charleston is an absolutely beautiful city, great history, great night life. The car scene down there is kinda odd. I can't speak to the scene down there, but I know there are a few nice nice cars down there like S15's, a few Evo VII's and other real japanese cars (these are just things I've seen or heard the past few years), but I can't speak to the scene down there. That being said, it's a big city for South Carolina, I'd imagine there's a car scene down there.

I thought you lived further south for some reason Ryan. When the time comes, we will have to get down. I am trying to finish my new car up here so i don't have to worry about finding people to wrench with when i get down there.

Side note, finding a house with a 2 car garage is harder than i thought.
    Kyle
    WFC #306

Quote Originally Posted by Rubaru View Post
    Lol A for effort right?

Oh and watch out for the "lovebugs". They're basically just palmetto bugs but every few years they get mad horny and fly around fucking each other endlessly. I remember back around '07 when my parents first moved down to SC I drove my then '97 M3 down there to visit them - by the time I had arrived at their house the front of my car was completely covered/caked in them and I had to literally scrape chunks of dead bugs off the front. Pretty crazy stuff haha. But since then they said they haven't really had any issues with them.
    WFC #244
    Mid-Atlantic Chapter President

SRT-6 build: http://www.wrongfitmentcrew.com/foru...053#post207053

Instagram: @osshwa