Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My quest for fitment on a 90's subaru impreza wagon

Default My quest for fitment on a 90's subaru impreza wagon

So in may 2013 i bought a 99 subaru impreza outbacksport with 85,000 miles. The paint on the fenders and hood was rough but the rest of the car was pretty nice and i only paid 1400 for it because the back wheel bearings needed replacement.

How it looked when i first got it:

so i bought oz superleggeras and put them on my car

then plasti dipped the wheels black cause the paint underneath wasnt in the best shape and there was also some curb rash

did the DIY mesh grill and i think it looks really good

bought amber corners

bought hellas

got rid of two of them though and now i regret it. the four looked pretty cool

got this banner and japanese style plate that pretty much sum up how i feel about my car pretty damn well.

had some ebay exhaust that i bought for $40 that i traded for a borla catback

random picture i took attempting to be an iphone photographer

so i painted the chrome piece in my headlights it looks so much better and it was such a quick mod to do. i definitely suggest it to others.

did a photoshoot with a friend before my car was low
    DSC_0203

DSC_0217
    DSC_0219

DSC_0233

DSC_0238

DSC_0247

DSC_0260

DSC_0279

DSC_0284

DSC_0291

DSC_0297

DSC_0320

DSC_0348

DSC_0351

DSC_0354 by Kyle Petrick Photography, on Flickr

so picked up raceland ultimos to get my car low
    yes i know what youre all thinking "ew gross racelands" but im on a budget and am a full time student. besides i got a good deal

Got the coilovers in but it rubbed when I turned or hit any small level change in the road so I went and pulled out my fender liner and that fixed the problem, didnt need to raise it at all luckily. its not fun being so low on a 205/60 tire but i didnt wanna wait to put my coilovers on.

took my car on a 200 mile road trip the first week i had the coilovers in, also here are some more pictures

my wagon and my friends wrx

took off the roof rack and also removed the plastidip from the roof. really wanna go back in time and slap the shit out of my 18 year old ricer self.

also here are some shots of my car next to a stock version. trying to show the difference in height. the pics arent the greatest though

hopefully one day ill be this low, the ground is uneven and it makes me look slammed.

here are some random pics a friend took while we were cruising home from class was unaware he took these so its a nice surprise. really love my car so much more now that its low

and here is my car most recently, as of 5/31. i tried to make my car look a bit better and was kinda bored of the two tone grey and silver so on impulse and a bit of convincing from a friend, i painted my car a hunter green.

cost me less than $200 and i did it in my driveway. honestly im not sold on the color im hoping itll look better after i clear coat it and wet sand it. im kinda afraid that i made it look even more shitty than it did before, but oh well cant go back now. will take better pictures tomorrow in the light. i was able to shave some stuff such as the black plastic trim running along the side of the car as well as the black trim on the roof.

some more pictures i took trying to give a better look at the paint job, plus i got a fisheye attachment for my iphone and i cant stop using it.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

Instagram: @Ryandnt

car threw a cel on the way to a meet last night so today ill be checking that out and taking care of it.
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

was messing around with my iphone and editing the pictures in lightroom for shits and giggles. dont think they came out badly but im certainly no pro.

first edit-20 by Ryan Foley, on Flickr

first edit-19 by Ryan Foley, on Flickr

first edit-21 by Ryan Foley, on Flickr

here you can see some of the imperfections in the paint from crappy spray can paint job

first edit-25 by Ryan Foley, on Flickr

and an interior shot, some stuff done but for the most part its boring i know im working on it. and yes my cars automatic

6-15-15-1 by Ryan Foley, on Flickr

so question for you guys, im in college and on a tight budget because come fall ill have to pay back my student loans as well as begin buying tools to begin a career as an auto tech. i was offered a set of corvette salad shooters 16x9.5 not sure about the final offset with 205/50/16 tires and 5x120 to 5x100 adapters all for $200. I was wondering if this would be a good idea to buy them to set me up with a decent set of wheels to hold me over for the time being? Or should i not waste my money and just rock the steelies while i save long term for real wheels?

any advice and feedback would be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by RyanF View Post
    so question for you guys, im in college and on a tight budget because come fall ill have to pay back my student loans as well as begin buying tools to begin a career as an auto tech. i was offered a set of corvette salad shooters 16x9.5 not sure about the final offset with 205/50/16 tires and 5x120 to 5x100 adapters all for $200. I was wondering if this would be a good idea to buy them to set me up with a decent set of wheels to hold me over for the time being? Or should i not waste my money and just rock the steelies while i save long term for real wheels?

any advice and feedback would be appreciated
    Sweet ride and good progress man. I dig the green, especially over the factory 2 tone. I say go for the salad shooters, especially if the tires are decent. They'll give you a much more agressive stance at a great price. You can start saving for whatever wheels you really want and whenever you're close to being able to purchase, you could resell the salad shooters, I'm sure you'll get atleast $200 back or more.
    Saved By Grace I Stanced By Choice

Your quest seems to be coming along nicely. Coilovers make such a difference in the way the car handles, dont they? Race lands get the job done. We actually installed a set Racelands on a friend's bug-eye wagon two to three years ago and he hasn't had any problems daily driving with them; even on some of the rough roads we have around here. Oh and I'm really liking the amber corners with the green paint! I'm thinking about doing amber corners myself.

As for your question: $200 for wheel+tires+adapters is a pretty good deal in my opinion, as long as the wheels are in good shape (no bends, cracks, etc).

well...I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong
    instagram:@cleantune ; Twitter: Cleantune@Cleantune2

So I will be getting salad shooters sometime next week that are 16x9.5 or 16x8.5 can't remember and they have 205/50/16 tires on them. I'm trying to get my car as low as possible. Would that tire size allow me to go as low as i hope to. I have camber plates in the front and was thinking of picking up camber bolts for the rear. The steelies my car is on now are the stock size with 205/60/15 tires.

Thanks in advance for your help

Quote Originally Posted by EricT93 View Post
    Sweet ride and good progress man. I dig the green, especially over the factory 2 tone. I say go for the salad shooters, especially if the tires are decent. They'll give you a much more agressive stance at a great price. You can start saving for whatever wheels you really want and whenever you're close to being able to purchase, you could resell the salad shooters, I'm sure you'll get atleast $200 back or more.
    thank you very much, I was quite tired of the two tone and I want to try and stand out from other wagons of this generation most of them seem to look all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleantune View Post

Your quest seems to be coming along nicely. Coilovers make such a difference in the way the car handles, dont they? Race lands get the job done. We actually installed a set Racelands on a friend's bug-eye wagon two to three years ago and he hasn't had any problems daily driving with them; even on some of the rough roads we have around here. Oh and I'm really liking the amber corners with the green paint! I'm thinking about doing amber corners myself.

As for your question: $200 for wheel+tires+adapters is a pretty good deal in my opinion, as long as the wheels are in good shape (no bends, cracks, etc).

I really love my car on coilovers, the ride isn't for everyone but I really enjoy it and I love the car lowered. I had a friend who kept telling me to get clear corners and tint the side markers on the fenders but I really love the way the amber looks against the green. Needless to say it won't be going away anytime soon.

I was a full time student in the same shoes so I know how budgeting goes. It's a nice start and salad shooters are nice wheels. 205/50/16 is a pretty good size but I'd look into lower profile tires since the current size is pretty beefy and even on 9.5s it won't be much of a stretch. The offset on salad shooters are pretty low to begin with so with adapters you might need to do a good amount of fender work and camber adjustments (I know from experience because my friend had the same exact wheels and same exact size tires on his forester.)
    Salad shooters are rather cheap wheels and not terribly hard to find. If the deal falls through, look into sawblades. They go for around $200-$250 for a decent set from people who aren't retarded and ask for a ridiculous price, I got mine for $150 delivered to me and then found a used set of tires for another $150

after wheels, look into getting a new set of coilovers. Racelands are decent and they get the job done but you can find a set of ISCs, Teins or BCs for around $600. Keep it up
    Instagram: @matt.lee.wfc_
    WFC #391
    Quote Originally Posted by hiimdreh View Post
    another Subaru some day.
    Though I'm not too fond of new Subaru owners recently.

so i bought corvette salad shooters 16x9.5 and now my car is looking better. had to roll and pull the fenders in the rear and then had to raise the rear coils about 3 turns to fit the wheels without rubbing since i need more camber but theres no way to adjust it until i get camber bolts or camber plates. will look into buying camber plates or bolts soon after i do some maintenance

sorry for the crappy cell phone photos

Picture dump, some changes coming soon.

Last edited by RyanF; 08-12-2015 at 06:32 PM.

got an rs bumper