Page 78 of 79 FirstFirst ... 286876777879 LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 1565

Thread: ~ Official Work Chat Thread! ~

  1. #1541
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    3,490

    Default

    So I went down to NC for Import Expo this past weekend. It was my first time attending a show in NC since 2012. I had a blast catching up/hanging with my Carolina buddies all weekend and got to do several photoshoots at various locations. I gotta say though, I was a bit disappointed with the results of the show. I'm not a trophy chaser by any means, but the fact that my car didn't even place in the "Domestic Other" class was kind of a joke. My buddy Chris's immaculate and well put together SRT-4 won 1st place (as it rightfully should have) but 2nd and 3rd went to a basically stock S550 Mustang on bags/wheels and a Lincoln MKZ that was lowered (barely) on Vossens and had some window curtains but otherwise was basically stock. Meanwhile my car has a full color change, a ton of custom bodywork and a bunch of misc. mods throughout the entire car. Not one area on my car has been left untouched (brakes, engine, suspension, wheels, exterior, interior, audio). I don't consider my car a full blown "show car" by any means, but to get beat by a run of the mill Mustang on bags/wheels (just like every other Mustang that comes to my local cars & coffee) and a basically stock Lincoln MKZ was extremely disheartening. I'm going to start printing out a full blown mod list to bring with me from now on and put it front and center somewhere with my car because i'll be damned if I let that kinda fuckery happen again. I guess the other reason I was upset was I drove 12 hours round trip for this show....lol.
    WFC #244
    Mid-Atlantic Chapter President


    SRT-6 build: http://www.wrongfitmentcrew.com/foru...053#post207053

    Instagram: @osshwa

  2. #1542
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Nazareth, Pa
    Posts
    1,027

    Default

    feel you, not that I partake in car shows or anything like that but I see it all the time with "builds" winning trophies and cars with decent amount of actual work into them not getting a look.
    -Kyle
    WFC # 1130

  3. #1543
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    1,472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OSSHWA View Post
    So I went down to NC for Import Expo this past weekend. It was my first time attending a show in NC since 2012. I had a blast catching up/hanging with my Carolina buddies all weekend and got to do several photoshoots at various locations. I gotta say though, I was a bit disappointed with the results of the show. I'm not a trophy chaser by any means, but the fact that my car didn't even place in the "Domestic Other" class was kind of a joke. My buddy Chris's immaculate and well put together SRT-4 won 1st place (as it rightfully should have) but 2nd and 3rd went to a basically stock S550 Mustang on bags/wheels and a Lincoln MKZ that was lowered (barely) on Vossens and had some window curtains but otherwise was basically stock. Meanwhile my car has a full color change, a ton of custom bodywork and a bunch of misc. mods throughout the entire car. Not one area on my car has been left untouched (brakes, engine, suspension, wheels, exterior, interior, audio). I don't consider my car a full blown "show car" by any means, but to get beat by a run of the mill Mustang on bags/wheels (just like every other Mustang that comes to my local cars & coffee) and a basically stock Lincoln MKZ was extremely disheartening. I'm going to start printing out a full blown mod list to bring with me from now on and put it front and center somewhere with my car because i'll be damned if I let that kinda fuckery happen again. I guess the other reason I was upset was I drove 12 hours round trip for this show....lol.
    That last part. I am doing the same thing. It's silly i win or place at the bigger shows, but everything local i lose to garbage. I truly think it comes down to people not understanding the amount of work done. So i am making a big free standing poster this year.
    Kyle
    WFC #306

  4. #1544
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    3,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by irishguy0224 View Post
    That last part. I am doing the same thing. It's silly i win or place at the bigger shows, but everything local i lose to garbage. I truly think it comes down to people not understanding the amount of work done. So i am making a big free standing poster this year.
    Yeah i'm looking into doing a customer poster too. My sister's husband is a graphic designer so i'm going to see if he wants to help me put something together.
    WFC #244
    Mid-Atlantic Chapter President


    SRT-6 build: http://www.wrongfitmentcrew.com/foru...053#post207053

    Instagram: @osshwa

  5. #1545
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Canton, MA
    Posts
    1,262

    Default

    I think it's also down to the type of people that judge local shows vs the bigger events
    IG: OsakaFlocka

    WFC #2258

  6. #1546
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    1,472

    Default

    i started pulling my car apart the other night. Rocket bunny front end fits well!
    Kyle
    WFC #306

  7. #1547
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    3,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drift55 View Post
    I think it's also down to the type of people that judge local shows vs the bigger events
    Mine was a bigger event. Honestly I think it's opposite for me. I generally fair well at the smaller local shows on the principle that people think my car is neat/different. Whereas big shows, the judges seem to be more interested in people conforming to trends than the actual uniqueness of a build. In other words, at smaller local shows people think my car is the friggin' Batmobile and love it but in the bigger shows my car is overlooked because it isn't trendy enough and the little details get overlooked.
    WFC #244
    Mid-Atlantic Chapter President


    SRT-6 build: http://www.wrongfitmentcrew.com/foru...053#post207053

    Instagram: @osshwa

  8. #1548
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    1,472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OSSHWA View Post
    Mine was a bigger event. Honestly I think it's opposite for me. I generally fair well at the smaller local shows on the principle that people think my car is neat/different. Whereas big shows, the judges seem to be more interested in people conforming to trends than the actual uniqueness of a build. In other words, at smaller local shows people think my car is the friggin' Batmobile and love it but in the bigger shows my car is overlooked because it isn't trendy enough and the little details get overlooked.
    honestly, i think a nice set of wheels would set your car off.
    Kyle
    WFC #306

  9. #1549
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Nazareth, Pa
    Posts
    1,027

    Default

    I like Josh's wheels. I think they draw attention to the car in a subtle way. They come off as almost an aggressive "OEM" kinda wheel if that makes sense. I just think people pay attention to other cars because they know what to look for ya know?
    -Kyle
    WFC # 1130

  10. #1550
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    3,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by irishguy0224 View Post
    honestly, i think a nice set of wheels would set your car off.
    99.9% of people I've talked to think the Radi8's are a match made in heaven for my car. They have a very "hot wheels" style to them, but also have a certain level of elegance to them....pretty much exactly like that of my car. Also, the windows are metallic black which match my Obsidian Black Metallic paint. Truth be told, my wheels are probably my favorite part of my entire build. And Radi8 are good people - awesome customer service and they constantly interact with me on social media

    Quote Originally Posted by brokenspeed View Post
    I like Josh's wheels. I think they draw attention to the car in a subtle way. They come off as almost an aggressive "OEM" kinda wheel if that makes sense. I just think people pay attention to other cars because they know what to look for ya know?
    They're the same diameter as what comes stock on my car (18"/19") but of course a bit wider, so I can kinda see where you're going with the OEM+ thing.
    WFC #244
    Mid-Atlantic Chapter President


    SRT-6 build: http://www.wrongfitmentcrew.com/foru...053#post207053

    Instagram: @osshwa

  11. #1551
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Nazareth, Pa
    Posts
    1,027

    Default

    Afternoon everyone ! How are we today?
    -Kyle
    WFC # 1130

  12. #1552
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    1,472

    Default

    i started cutting my car up last night... so i have that going for me
    Kyle
    WFC #306

  13. #1553
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    3,490

    Default

    Sending my application/resume over later this evening for a new job! I've been with my company for 8+ years now and I'm just ready for a change. Fingers crossed!
    WFC #244
    Mid-Atlantic Chapter President


    SRT-6 build: http://www.wrongfitmentcrew.com/foru...053#post207053

    Instagram: @osshwa

  14. #1554
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Nazareth, Pa
    Posts
    1,027

    Default

    good luck Josh!
    -Kyle
    WFC # 1130

  15. #1555
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Ringwood, NJ
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OSSHWA View Post
    Sending my application/resume over later this evening for a new job! I've been with my company for 8+ years now and I'm just ready for a change. Fingers crossed!
    good luck!

    im getting tired of my current job so im looking elsewhere but cant find comparable pay for my skills and lack of education beyond an associates degree in auto tech.

    also in the process of building a gaming pc so the mods for my car wont exactly be the first thing on my list of priorities.
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

    Instagram: @Ryandnt

  16. #1556
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    3,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanF View Post
    good luck!

    im getting tired of my current job so im looking elsewhere but cant find comparable pay for my skills and lack of education beyond an associates degree in auto tech.

    also in the process of building a gaming pc so the mods for my car wont exactly be the first thing on my list of priorities.
    That's been my big issue too. I've wanted a new job/career change for a while now, but finding a new job with comparable pay/benefits has been tough given the fact that I don't have a degree. I've progressed well at my job over the years but the stress levels it generates just aren't worth it anymore and it's caused my overall quality of life to deteriorate. But cost of living is super high where i'm at so I really can't sacrifice income for quality of life at this point as sad as that sounds.
    WFC #244
    Mid-Atlantic Chapter President


    SRT-6 build: http://www.wrongfitmentcrew.com/foru...053#post207053

    Instagram: @osshwa

  17. #1557
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OSSHWA View Post
    That's been my big issue too. I've wanted a new job/career change for a while now, but finding a new job with comparable pay/benefits has been tough given the fact that I don't have a degree. I've progressed well at my job over the years but the stress levels it generates just aren't worth it anymore and it's caused my overall quality of life to deteriorate. But cost of living is super high where i'm at so I really can't sacrifice income for quality of life at this point as sad as that sounds.
    Have you thought about finding a job in a different city or area? It's a scary thought to have to pack everything up and move for a new job, but it could open up a lot of doors for you. I did that with my daughter this past summer. I was scared as hell because it was a new city in a different part of the country and it was just me and my kid. But, the positives out-weighed the negatives and so far it's been a positive experience.
    2005 Subaru Forester 2.5x

    2005 Saabaru 9-2x Linear Supercharged - R.I.P.

  18. #1558
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    3,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by b00duh View Post
    Have you thought about finding a job in a different city or area? It's a scary thought to have to pack everything up and move for a new job, but it could open up a lot of doors for you. I did that with my daughter this past summer. I was scared as hell because it was a new city in a different part of the country and it was just me and my kid. But, the positives out-weighed the negatives and so far it's been a positive experience.
    Yes and no. If I was single i'd be all about it, but my girlfriend of 3 1/2 years has a money job in DC working as a federal auditor for KPMG. She's been at her job a year and a half vs. my 8+ years and she will pay me on both income and vacation days within the next 1 to 2 years. In other words, she'll on-track to be the bread winner in the household so we'll stay where it's convenient for her. She also has her masters degree vs. my degree of hard knocks (aka I didn't finish college, lol)
    WFC #244
    Mid-Atlantic Chapter President


    SRT-6 build: http://www.wrongfitmentcrew.com/foru...053#post207053

    Instagram: @osshwa

  19. #1559
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OSSHWA View Post
    Yes and no. If I was single i'd be all about it, but my girlfriend of 3 1/2 years has a money job in DC working as a federal auditor for KPMG. She's been at her job a year and a half vs. my 8+ years and she will pay me on both income and vacation days within the next 1 to 2 years. In other words, she'll on-track to be the bread winner in the household so we'll stay where it's convenient for her. She also has her masters degree vs. my degree of hard knocks (aka I didn't finish college, lol)
    Lol. Gotcha. Yeah, that's a tough situation, for sure. Guess there aren't any other towns or cities around you where driving to and from wouldn't be so bad?
    2005 Subaru Forester 2.5x

    2005 Saabaru 9-2x Linear Supercharged - R.I.P.

  20. #1560
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    3,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by b00duh View Post
    Lol. Gotcha. Yeah, that's a tough situation, for sure. Guess there aren't any other towns or cities around you where driving to and from wouldn't be so bad?
    Not really. No matter where we go, the closer you get to DC the more expensive it gets. I've looked into parts of MD and whatnot too and their prices are no better. Once she burns herself out and earns her pension in a few years i'm hoping she'll try to move away from federal accounting to public accounting and we can find ourselves a cozy spot out in West Virginia or something. Doubtful that'll happen but a man can dream, right?
    WFC #244
    Mid-Atlantic Chapter President


    SRT-6 build: http://www.wrongfitmentcrew.com/foru...053#post207053

    Instagram: @osshwa

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •