Thread: Please Tell the EPA to Withdraw Its Proposal to Prohibit the Conversion of Vehicles I

Default Please Tell the EPA to Withdraw Its Proposal to Prohibit the Conversion of Vehicles I

I was shocked to hear about this the other day. We need 100,000 signatures by March 10th to stop this prohibition. By the second day this was up to about 70,000. Currently there are over 130,000 signatures. Lets continue to make this vote unanimous.

This would put many race series out of business along with many of the companies that make parts for both street and track driven cars. There are only a few race series that would be exempt from this; one of which I heard would be NASCAR, but the Porsche Cup series, American LeMans series, and any other series that uses "Chassis that in their OEM form can be driven on the street" would be prohibited because of this potential modification law.

Words from the petition website:
    Please Tell the EPA to Withdraw Its Proposal to Prohibit the Conversion of Vehicles Into Racecars

The American love affair with automobiles includes watching and participating in motorsports. For decades Americans have converted their street vehicles into racecars, from pre-World War II classics to modern era performance cars. It has brought joy and jobs to millions. However, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has issued a proposed rule that would do away with this time honored tradition. It would outlaw the conversion of any type of emissions-certified vehicle into a racecar, and make it illegal to sell any emissions-related parts for those cars. The Clean Air Act prohibits the EPA from regulating racecars. Tell EPA Administrator Gina McCarthy to remove this provision from the “Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Fuel Efficiency Standards for Medium- & Heavy-Duty Engines-Phase 2" rule.
    Published Date: Feb 09, 2016

Petition Link:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov//pe...les-racecars-0

well...I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong
    instagram:@cleantune ; Twitter: Cleantune@Cleantune2

Already signed the petition and I posted StanceWorks article on this topic on my Facebook the other day.
    WFC #244
    Mid-Atlantic Chapter President

SRT-6 build: http://www.wrongfitmentcrew.com/foru...053#post207053

Instagram: @osshwa

I've signed 2 different petitions, this being one of them.
    IG: OsakaFlocka

WFC #2258

Thanks for the support guys!

A law change like this would have such a devastating impact on the aftermarket automotive industry; putting not only race organizations into extinction, but also parts manufacturers and aftermarket tuning shops. A large majority of after market shops' gross income comes from the type of modification that this proposed law would disallow. The other day I heard the aftermarket automotive (and truck) industry grosses something like 30 billion (or more) annually; some of which goes towards taxes, which most likely goes to help fund these people who are proposing this ridiculous law.

I'm not sure how many already know about this organization, but if anyone is interested, there is an organization called "Sema Action Network (SAN), who seeks to fight unfair automotive laws. I just signed up the other day. This proposed EPA law was on their news feed along with some other pretty ridiculous laws.

Link:
    http://semasan.com/page.asp?content=startpage&g=semaga

^spams?

...anyways, thanks again for all your support guys. I just read about an update to this "RPM act" that I wanted to share for those who are interested, here is a video link:

and for more info:
    https://www.sema.org/news/2017/01/09...-start-in-2017