Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ryans 2017 crystal white pearl wrx

Default Ryans 2017 crystal white pearl wrx

Some of you may have read my previous build thanks if you did. But unfortunately the car started giving me problems and i was looking for a new car anyway.

my old car being taken away

Ive wanted a wrx or sti for years now but i was always so set on an aspen white 04/05 the "blobeye". However when i was looking at cars it was hard finding one that wasn't super modified or unmolested for a very high price. I didnt really want a 2015+ because of how common they are and how difficult i felt it would be to stand out. I also didnt exactly enjoy the new look or the fact that new cars nowadays are losing the mechanical feel and connection to the road that older cars had.

While i was saving money and looking for a new car i was daily driving a 2011 Toyota Sienna that was the extra car my family owned. I got used to the creature comforts and the newness of the car. That fact along with seeing more 2015+ wrx's the idea of owning one grew on me.

I work for Subaru so through my job i was able to get a nice discount on a 2017 wrx from my local dealership. I went and looked at a 2017 in Crystal White Pearl it came off the lot with an sti shift knob and short shift kit.

here it is the day i picked it up from the dealership

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

Instagram: @Ryandnt

The car currently has about 1200 miles on it and the current mods are:

Sti Short shit kit
    sti shift knob
    Perrin Plate Relocater
    subie bros f1 rear fog light
    subie bros bumper plugs

Ive got an anarchy motive shift knob on the way and hopefully this weekend ill be picking up an air lift kit with the v2 management. im also considering trying to trade my trunk for an sti trunk with spoiler. now to find some wheels and whatever other suspension mods i need to get this sitting nicely.

more photos

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

Dat new new! #fancy

Congrats man!
    WFC #244
    Mid-Atlantic Chapter President

SRT-6 build: http://www.wrongfitmentcrew.com/foru...053#post207053

Instagram: @osshwa

Ayy! 15+ WRX fam! Congrats on the new car!
    IG: OsakaFlocka

WFC #2258

I'm so upset to see the OBS go I was really liking the progression.
    Congrats on the new car though!
    Instagram: @matt.lee.wfc_
    WFC #391
    Quote Originally Posted by hiimdreh View Post
    another Subaru some day.
    Though I'm not too fond of new Subaru owners recently.

Quote Originally Posted by RuhRohh View Post
    I'm so upset to see the OBS go I was really liking the progression.
    Congrats on the new car though!
    Thanks very much, im sad to see it go as well, i wanted to keep it but i just didnt have room for it and it had so many different things wrong with it that id take more time fixing it than it was worth. Im hoping this one will grow on you because im trying to take this car to the next level that i was shooting for with the OBS. Unlike the OBS i will be taking the time to really plan things out and wont be cheaping out just to get a lot of stuff done quickly and just say oh i have a huge mod list.

Quote Originally Posted by drift55 View Post
    Ayy! 15+ WRX fam! Congrats on the new car!
    Thanks very much, i absolutely love it i cant stop driving it. i just hit 1305 miles on it today.

Quote Originally Posted by OSSHWA View Post
    Dat new new! #fancy

Congrats man!
    Appreciate it, its a great car so far.

There are so many wheel possibilities now that ive got a car that can fit 18s and is 5x114.3 im like a kid in a candy store. All the wheels i wanted for my wagon that wouldnt have fit i can now consider for this car. I have a tough decision ahead of me.

Installed my anarchy motive shift knob today, it weighs 1.65 lbs and the sti shift knob i had weighed .65 lbs. Im really loving the feel of it and it was great working with Derrick, he is good with responding to emails in a timely fashion and he was happy to help me and answer any questions i had. The shipping was fast and hassle free. I highly recommend checking out their products.

I will have a black anarchy motive shift knob for sale soon for a 5 speed wrx with a kartboy short shifter off an 05 wrx. i bought it when i was planning on swapping my OBS but that obviously didnt happen. If any 5 speed wrx owners are interested pm me, i am open to shipping.
    Last edited by RyanF; 06-12-2017 at 07:48 PM.

Pro tip, when you roll your rear fenders, a weird weather sealing will fall out of it. Just replace it with RTV silicone

WFC #2258

Pro tip, when you roll your rear fenders, a weird weather sealing will fall out of it. Just replace it with RTV silicone
    good to know thanks, i definitely wouldnt have been expecting that to happen considering on my old car it was just a full metal rear quarter panel, but keeping in mind the 18 year difference between the cars im not surprised things have changed.

I was a little caught off guard when it just kind of fell down. I thought I ruined everything lmao!

WFC #2258

I was a little caught off guard when it just kind of fell down. I thought I ruined everything lmao!
    I would feel the same way, thats exactly what i dont want to happen. Id never hear the end of it from my girlfriend or friends if i ruined my month old wrx. Just today my girlfriend said "why do you keep buying stuff for it, its a brand new car leave it alone" guess im a little low on self control.

I know its been awhile since wfc was super active but is there any chance of any new members being approved. I was a little late on the wfc train but its always been something i waa interested in.

I do like the new WRXs (STis not so much) so I'm pretty excited to see what you have in stores for this thing.

If you look at drift55's thread, I sold him the Advans that's on his 2015 so these have a lot of potential in terms of fitment and this being 5x114.3 I'm sure you'll have A LOT more options for wheel choices than the OBS.

In terms of approval, once you start to make some progress on the fitment side, just apply/post on the member approval thread and one of the admins will eventually get back to you. Or if any of us see that post we can notify someone as well
    Instagram: @matt.lee.wfc_
    WFC #391
    Quote Originally Posted by hiimdreh View Post
    another Subaru some day.
    Though I'm not too fond of new Subaru owners recently.

Sad to see the wagon go, but nice pick up with the '17. Wasn't a huge fan of them but as time passes I like them more and more. You don't waste anytime with parts lol Any idea on what wheels you're looking for?
    -Kyle
    WFC # 1130

Quote Originally Posted by brokenspeed View Post
    Sad to see the wagon go, but nice pick up with the '17. Wasn't a huge fan of them but as time passes I like them more and more. You don't waste anytime with parts lol Any idea on what wheels you're looking for?
    ill get another wagon eventually maybe once i begin making more at my job, they have a special place in my heart. This car grows on me more every day though, just how it feels driving it and how much confidence it inspires taking turns at high speed. The grip is great.

Quote Originally Posted by RuhRohh View Post
    I do like the new WRXs (STis not so much) so I'm pretty excited to see what you have in stores for this thing.

If you look at drift55's thread, I sold him the Advans that's on his 2015 so these have a lot of potential in terms of fitment and this being 5x114.3 I'm sure you'll have A LOT more options for wheel choices than the OBS.

In terms of approval, once you start to make some progress on the fitment side, just apply/post on the member approval thread and one of the admins will eventually get back to you. Or if any of us see that post we can notify someone as well
    I did see the wheels they look good on these cars for sure, im so happy its 5x114.3 because every single time i was looking for wheels for my old car it seemed as if all the ones i wanted were 5x114.3

Im eyeing up something of a deeper dish wheel, id like a nice lip that i can set up to sit fender to lip when air'd out. Ive always admire that really tight fender to lip look. I love looking at a car from behind and just seeing the tires and then a tiny bit of lip peeking out. Not at all sudani style but just the little bit you get with a nice stretch. I really want work meister s1 or work equips ive always wanted a set of those but not sure how theyd look on this car. Or even a set of vs-xx or vs-ss or any more uncommon wheel. i also was wondering what a nice three spoke would look like on here like an advan ra-3 i think is the name of it.

The possibilities are endless, just gotta figure out my budget and what i am comfortable spending.
    Last edited by RyanF; 06-13-2017 at 09:15 AM.

I'm running 18x9.5 et35 and they would definitely tuck if I went low enough. They're flush at the moment

WFC #2258

i like the look of these just dont know how theyd look on my car. i like the idea of combining an old jdm style with a new car.

http://www.rs25.com/forums/f182/t230...on-1600-a.html

but theres too many nice wheels out there its hard to choose. anyone here good with photoshop? would love to see some wheel choices on my car. one bad thing about these cars being newer is that there arent as many photos online to see different wheels on these cars as there are for the old ones.

DO IT

msglngth
    -Kyle
    WFC # 1130

if anyone knows of any good places to find nice wheels please let me know. i keep looking on stanceworks & vrwheels & threepiece.us & facebook groups (which suck too many stocks or reps) and wheelflip or wheelswap cant seem to really find a good reliable resource with good prices. Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by brokenspeed View Post
    DO IT

msglngth
    its tempting, theyre 17s which doesnt seem ideal but the width is good. ive gotta research the fitment for these cars more.

Ah, i missed that they're 17's. If you want new wheels, I'd give RavSpec a look. As far used your best bet is to join a 5x114 group on facebook and be patient, as well as the sites you mentioned. Every now an again there is a flood of activity when it comes to the wheel market.
    -Kyle
    WFC # 1130

found a set of work d9r 18x10.5 5x114.3 for $1200. they look pretty nice, im considering them as one of my options. i was able to find some photos on ravspec of the silver version and its even on a white wrx so it gives a bit of idea of how theyll look. although idk if its the specs of the ones shown or what but im wondering if ill be able to get the fitment and look i want.