Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Ryans 2017 crystal white pearl wrx

Glad to hear you ended up grabbing that exhaust!
    IG: OsakaFlocka

WFC #2258

Quote Originally Posted by drift55 View Post
    Glad to hear you ended up grabbing that exhaust!
    it sounds so nice and for $160 i couldnt pass on it. though now im getting tempted to go for a full catless turbo back and then protune. Thanks to the 5 year inspection sticker for new cars in nj.
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

Instagram: @Ryandnt

Full Catback > any muff deletes. Good progress! Keep it up
    Instagram: @snailperformancemarkos

Quote Originally Posted by kos View Post
    Full Catback > any muff deletes. Good progress! Keep it up
    yeah i agree, im hoping to get a tomei catback but at the same time im enjoying the noise level with just muffler deletes so we will see. no complaints from the family neighbors or girlfriend so i dont really wanna push my luck too much.

so update hit a pothole back in october which snapped one of my isc control arms in half and then realized my rear tires were shredded and so when i was removing the lcas i decided to get rid of the bags too. So took them out and theyre for sale on multiple facebook pages. I missed being static and could use some of the money to pay off a bit of debt so thats the main reason im selling them. So hopefully over the next few months ill be getting coilovers and then deciding on wheels and doing a few more mods. apr carbon fiber mirrors, front lip, sti spoiler or some other spoiler, and maybe an aftermarket bumper or something i cant afford a full kit but not sure if the bumpers alone would look dumb.

im so undecided on wheels since i have so many i like, but ill figure it out.
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

so i traded my air setup for a set of work emotion d9rs in 18x9.5 +38 and some cash. so once i get coilovers soon i will test fit these and if i like them ill keep them if not gonna sell them. two need new tires so i may just get different tires. anyone have a reccomendation for me on tire size? id love to be fender to lip on these but i daily drive the car so idk if if thatll be too much to ask for while daily driving the car 50+ miles round trip daily.

i cant wait for spring and im so glad to see the forums coming alive again. Im sad i missed the prime time to be on the wfc forums but at least im here now.

someone on another forum suggested maybe a 215/35 tire for these wheels and after looking on tyrestretch.com i think they may be right. i cant wait to test fit the wheels. i wonder if ill be able to pull off fender to lip (static) and still daily drive this thing 50+ miles round trip in NY/NJ

Dude, I love D9R's. Congrats on the new wheels!

My suggestion on tire size; Maybe a 215/40? I daily drive my car with a 215/40 on my 18x10, with no issues static. The 40 series helped with being able to tuck the tire, poke lip, and still have some clearance to the ground without scraping everywhere. I don't see too much of an issue with a 35 series, but unsure if you'd want a little more tire height to help raise the car a bit for daily driving? Just my suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by RSKYBZ View Post
    Dude, I love D9R's. Congrats on the new wheels!

My suggestion on tire size; Maybe a 215/40? I daily drive my car with a 215/40 on my 18x10, with no issues static. The 40 series helped with being able to tuck the tire, poke lip, and still have some clearance to the ground without scraping everywhere. I don't see too much of an issue with a 35 series, but unsure if you'd want a little more tire height to help raise the car a bit for daily driving? Just my suggestion
    that is also a good idea and probably would workout better so im not just dragging the car everywhere. the current tires i believe are 235/40s right now so i may toss the wheels on with those tires just to see what the clearance and fitment is like and then decide from there. i just really wanna do this right once and not have to buy multiple sets of tires and have downtime and just compromise my vision for the car but at the same time i dont wanna completely ruin the ability to daily drive it.

cant wait for nice weather and to get this thing on the ground. just gotta save up a bit more to get some coilovers not sure what brand i wanna get or what i can afford i dont wanna skimp but i also cant spend a crazy amount. maybe looking to spend like $1k so may not be able to go fender to lip like id want if the coilovers cant handle it without creating bacon fenders.

18x9.5 +38 seems like it would look sunken on the current body style, I know even on GRs people have gone pretty low offset with plenty of room to go.

I agree with Jessie and would do something like 215/40 or even 225/40 that should give you a good stretch considering you drive the car in NY and NJ but I think we're getting ahead of ourselves here without really knowing how the wheels would fit on the car. Test fit the wheels, post pics and we can go from there.

Ryan I'm assuming you already have camber arms in the rear right?
    Instagram: @matt.lee.wfc_
    WFC #391
    Quote Originally Posted by hiimdreh View Post
    another Subaru some day.
    Though I'm not too fond of new Subaru owners recently.

Quote Originally Posted by RuhRohh View Post
    18x9.5 +38 seems like it would look sunken on the current body style, I know even on GRs people have gone pretty low offset with plenty of room to go.

I agree with Jessie and would do something like 215/40 or even 225/40 that should give you a good stretch considering you drive the car in NY and NJ but I think we're getting ahead of ourselves here without really knowing how the wheels would fit on the car. Test fit the wheels, post pics and we can go from there.

I ran a 18x9.5 et35 with a 255/35 on mine and it sat flush pretty much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WFC #2258

yeah ive gotta get around to test fitting them, and i have toe arms in the rear i used to have lower control arms but one of them snapped so i put the stock ones back in.

ideally i wanted to run an 18x10 but the money that i expected to have for my modding budget has shrunken quite a bit so now im trying to make due with what ive got.

idk if anyone here follows tyler_sti on ig but the way his tires fit his d9rs is the look i want. i feel like these wheels dont look good with a bunch of tire. just personal preference i guess.
    Last edited by RyanF; 03-15-2018 at 11:12 AM.

I also really like the way @static.tarzan's sti was setup. Idk I'm torn. At the end of the day I just want my car to look good and make me happy.

Lately I've been all about the meaty fitment. I personally think anything can look good with a lot of tire unless it's a multi piece wheel. Even the D9Rs would look good on 255/35s which is what I would go with
    WFC #391
    another Subaru some day.

mother nature is taunting me

i wish i wasnt so lazy because my thread would be hell of a lot better if i actually took photos with my camera instead of my phone but im too lazy to always get my camera just to take a few photos. why am i like this

my little helper keeping me company while i shoveled yesterday

Last edited by RyanF; 03-22-2018 at 04:55 PM.

Man those are some beautiful D9R's.... & I agree with matt, the D9R's would look sick whether its stretched or meaty. Wish I had a dog :/
    IG: @jvyjr_

Your dog is so cute it kills me

WFC #2258

hecking good boy (or girl)
    WFC #391
    another Subaru some day.

hecking good boy (or girl)
    thanks guys shes a hecking good girl, her names Luna.

anyone have an opinion on fortune auto 500 coilovers for going low? 8k spring rate btw. found a used set locally, dont wanna settle but if theyre good and the deals right that might work.
    Last edited by RyanF; 03-24-2018 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanF View Post
    thanks guys shes a hecking good girl, her names Luna.

anyone have an opinion on fortune auto 500 coilovers for going low? 8k spring rate btw. found a used set locally, dont wanna settle but if theyre good and the deals right that might work.
    That’s the exact setup I use and I love them to death. Same rate, same model. And I have a bunch more room to go lower than I am

WFC #2258