Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ryans 2017 crystal white pearl wrx

Todays the day and im so excited even though ill have to wait a week or two to install but im just so happy to go get the suspension. bags always seemed so far out of reach for me when i began modifying cars. this is a big step up for me, my last car was on racelands. However i knew for this car id wanna do it right and go big or go home so it was quality coilovers or bags and i decided on bags because i wanted the on the go adjustment
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

Instagram: @Ryandnt

Damn racelands to bags is a huge step up. Can't wait to see them on
    Instagram: @matt.lee.wfc_
    WFC #391
    Quote Originally Posted by hiimdreh View Post
    another Subaru some day.
    Though I'm not too fond of new Subaru owners recently.

That is a big leap! Proud of you, dude! It'll feel soooooo good putting them on!
    IG: OsakaFlocka

WFC #2258

Quote Originally Posted by drift55 View Post
    That is a big leap! Proud of you, dude! It'll feel soooooo good putting them on!
    Quote Originally Posted by RuhRohh View Post
    Damn racelands to bags is a huge step up. Can't wait to see them on
    My best friend has a mk4 r32 thats bagged and supercharged and hes always been about doing everything in the most proper way with quality parts so i guess hes rubbing off on me. Not to mention i really wanna keep this car in good shape and treat it as well as possible. I may even get it waxed and detailed, something i wouldn't ever dream of doing for my old car

Last edited by RyanF; 06-20-2017 at 01:10 PM.
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

Excited to see where this goes! Theres a few white bagged 2015+ sti/wrx's in Hawaii and theyre very easy to make em look good.

Quote Originally Posted by RSKYBZ View Post
    Excited to see where this goes! Theres a few white bagged 2015+ sti/wrx's in Hawaii and theyre very easy to make em look good.
    thanks for following along, im glad to hear they look good fairly easily. My main goal is to have something good looking, but i definitely do wanna try and be different as well.

So picked up the bags and everything last night. luckily the previous owner took painters tap and labeled a bunch of the components and their locations on the car so thatll be a great help. However the guy who he bought the tank from sticker bombed it so i will be working on getting that off and was thinking id get it powdercoated to match the body color of the car. Thought that might be a nice touch. The planning for the trunk set up begins now, i wanna try and keep my spare tire accessible since its my daily but we will see what happens. any suggestions from anyone who has done it before is great appreciated.

Regas in 18s will pop up very rarely. Zilvia and eBay are two good places to keep an eye out on. I myself got my Regas off ebay.
    found a set of 18x9.5 Regamaster Evos for sale but the asking price is 4200 a little too rich for me. especially right now after purchasing my air suspension

so still trying to find some friends who will be available to help me install the bags when im free, but unfortunately our schedules dont seem to match up or they just dont really wanna help i suppose. so i guess if i cant find any of them ill just take it to a shop, i just would hate to spend money on getting this installed when if i had some help id be perfectly capable of installing it myself.

oh well.

If you do end up sending it somewhere, I highly recommend KDDesigns in Providence. They're super quick and excellent at their craft
    IG: OsakaFlocka

WFC #2258

If you do end up sending it somewhere, I highly recommend KDDesigns in Providence. They're super quick and excellent at their craft
    ill shoot them an email to get a price quote and timeframe, this car is my daily and i may be able to borrow a car from work but thats not guaranteed so i cant have it down for too long.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanF View Post
    found a set of 18x9.5 Regamaster Evos for sale but the asking price is 4200 a little too rich for me. especially right now after purchasing my air suspension
    Holy hell that's steep.
    If you can find a set for less than $3000 you should definitely go for it
    WFC #391
    another Subaru some day.

so i spoke to a local shop and Kddesigns, the local shop quoted me 3 days and $800 for install alignment and setting up the ride height and then KDDesigns quoted me a starting price of $1500 and 3 day turn around time. Then another local shop quoted me 700 for the install and another 125 for alignment at a place associated with them that have good ratings. and again 2-3 turn around.

Holy hell that's steep.
    If you can find a set for less than $3000 you should definitely go for it
    yeah im just waiting to save money and see what comes up in the meantime

i have an opportunity to pick up some advan ra3-dt's 18x10 5x114.3 for $700 but one wheel isnt true which ive heard is common for these wheels. I am considering picking them up and getting them straightened and changing the color cause the black and red theme they have going on doesnt seem like it would look good on my car.

im interested in anyones input on the wheels or the deal or anything. also if anyones good with photoshop if they could please shop these wheels on a crystal white pearl 15+ wrx for me that would be wonderful.

Do it. Straighten them out, clean them up and put them on. If you don't like them now they're an ideal straight set you can sell for more than you got them for. Win-Win.
    -Kyle
    WFC # 1130

Quote Originally Posted by brokenspeed View Post
    Do it. Straighten them out, clean them up and put them on. If you don't like them now they're an ideal straight set you can sell for more than you got them for. Win-Win.
    Well the seller says the hub is bent, and one shop i contacted said they cant fix that, however i am getting other opinions but it doesnt look like this is gonna go well. i may not end up getting them.

how the eff do you bend it there lol
    -Kyle
    WFC # 1130

welll didnt end up getting them, decided to be a responsible adult and since i was comfortable spending that money i used it to pay off some debt i had instead of buying wheels i wasnt super into and didnt needed. ill just keep saving for the right set rather than settle for whats available.
    Last edited by RyanF; 07-05-2017 at 05:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanF View Post
    welll didnt end up getting them, decided to be a responsible adult and since i was comfortable spending that money i used it to pay off some debt i had instead of buying wheels i wasnt super into and didnt needed. ill just keep saving for the right set rather than settle for whats available.
    Good call.

The wheels sounded sweet, but I'd definitely wait until the right set comes up. You'll know when it's time. Jesus Christ I feel like I'm talking about marriage

But anyways, don't be me and buy a numerous amount of different set of wheels before finding the right set. Tbh I bought about 4 different sets of wheels that I never put on for my last Forester before I finally settled on the XT7s. I was a dumb kid with too much ambition and it got me nowhere lol.
    WFC #391
    another Subaru some day.

Good call.

The wheels sounded sweet, but I'd definitely wait until the right set comes up. You'll know when it's time. Jesus Christ I feel like I'm talking about marriage

But anyways, don't be me and buy a numerous amount of different set of wheels before finding the right set. Tbh I bought about 4 different sets of wheels that I never put on for my last Forester before I finally settled on the XT7s. I was a dumb kid with too much ambition and it got me nowhere lol.
    yeah i definitely dont wanna waste my time jumping from wheel to wheel my problem is though that im super indecisive though the one wheel ive been pretty consistent on so far is a nice set of work meister s1 3ps. i really really want those, i was talking to paul aka drift55 aka the great one and i showed him my color scheme that im planning on doing when i order the wheels, they should look really nice on my car. they were glossy black faces with glossy bronze lips and gold hardware. typically i hate black wheels but this really caught my eye

Good call.

I've went through about 12 sets of wheels for the wagon before settling LOL

EDIT: oddly enough I think that's the amount of women before i met my fiance...hmmmm lol
    -Kyle
    WFC # 1130