Thread: Risky Business

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Risky Business

Aloha

I figured i'd start a build thread here since I frequent WFC, and haven't really introduced myself. My name is Jessie, and I'm from Honolulu, HI. I own a 2015 Subaru BRZ limited, been under my ownership since June of 2015. Prior to owning the BRZ, I owned a 1996 Z32 2+2. I didn't really touch that car much, but I did learn a lot on maintenance, and getting it running perfect. Ended up selling the car as a parts car due to an electrical problem I just couldn't find that stopped it from turning over or even cranking.

The brz is the first car I started to tinker with in terms of modifications. A lot of my influence comes from cars I read on super street, import tuner, stancenation, dohcresearch and stickydiljoe. My goal was to just incorporate JDM parts and OEM+ styling.. and simply just enjoy it!

Exterior:

- FRS Front bumper
    - OEM Release Series 2.0 Exclusive front lip
    - Legsport Duckbill Spoiler
    - Todoroki 30mm Front Fenders
    - OEM TRD Fender Fins
    - OEM Toyota Window Visors JDM
    - APR Carbon GT Mirrors
    - APR Carbon Rear Diffuser
    - Toms Taillights
    - Smoked Side Markers

Interior:

- Nardi Midcorn 330mm Steering Wheel
    - Works Bell Hub
    - Lathewerks Titanium Shift Knob
    - TFworks Drift knob
    - DMAX Floor Mats

Engine:

- ARC Induction Box
    - ARC Oil Catch Can
    - APR Carbon Cooling Plate
    - Blitz Inlet Pipe
    - Blitz Front Pipe
    - Blitz Radiator Cap
    - PWJDM Engine Cover
    - PWJDM Fuse Box Cover
    - Openflash UEL Headers
    - MXP Catback w/ Titanium Tips
    - HKS Oil Cap

Suspension:

- BC extreme low coilovers 22k/24k f/r.
    - RacerX Front Lower Control Arms
    - RacerX Rear Upper Control Arms
    - Powered By Max Rear lower control arms
    - Voodoo13 Toe Arms
    - RacerX Extended front tie rods
    - Onimade Camber Plates
    - Carbing Titanium Strut Bar
    - Carbing chassis brace

Wheels:

- Work Meister S1R O disk 18x10 +6/+0
    - Federal 595SS 215/40/18 all around
    - Volk Formula Lugnuts

Dress up:
    - Downstar fender bolts

The day I picked it up...

Spocom 2017

pc: @Super Street

pc: @taydork

pc: @dooworkz

Current Look:

The name "Risky Business" or rskybz was a little joke between me and my mom, and it caught on with a few friends. It was a project name for this car that just stuck.
    Last edited by RSKYBZ; 02-07-2018 at 07:50 PM.

Current plans for this car is to start cleaning up the bay, removing the windshield wiper tank, replacing the coolant overflow tank with the chasebay overflow tank, do bride seats, brembo brakes, and a few other things... Just simplifying the look of the car and cleaning it up.

Oof I never get tired of seeing this thing
    Instagram: @matt.lee.wfc_
    WFC #391
    Quote Originally Posted by hiimdreh View Post
    another Subaru some day.
    Though I'm not too fond of new Subaru owners recently.

I also never get tired of seeing this.
    I wish it was practical for me to get a BRZ/FRS.
    keep up the good work!

Thanks guys, I appreciate the kind words! I learned alot, and was helped/influenced by many guys locally. Without them I don't think the car would be where its at today. Prepping the car for HIN this week down in hawaii, pretty stoked!

i dig it man!
    Kyle
    WFC #306

Iím so glad you made a thread! I love this car so much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IG: OsakaFlocka

WFC #2258

Thanks man!! Glad to hear you love the car. It means a lot!!

Hope everyone had a safe new years!

Figured i'd update since I did a thing to my car this past weekend.

Added my Downstar fender bolt hardware to replace the old scratched up oem bolts. I got them in aluminum/silver to go with the aluminum/ polished parts in the engine bay. Getting ready for Wekfest HI 2018

Love the little things that make the biggest impact. I wish I could see this thing in person.
    Instagram: @matt.lee.wfc_
    WFC #391
    Quote Originally Posted by hiimdreh View Post
    another Subaru some day.
    Though I'm not too fond of new Subaru owners recently.

Are the ARC bits as wildly expensive for the FRS/BRZ as they are for the 350z?
    Kyle
    WFC #306

Quote Originally Posted by RuhRohh View Post
    Love the little things that make the biggest impact. I wish I could see this thing in person.
    Thank you! I feel like these little touches are what set apart each build from the next, gives a sense of individuality.

Stock fender fitmentís pretty tight, but those fenders are too fuego! Definitely need to go back on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IG: OsakaFlocka

WFC #2258

Yeah.. I miss my todoroki fenders more and more each day lol! I feel like it completed the overall look. With stock fenders it looks a tad bland, I don't really feel like messing with the stock fenders in terms of fitment so the spacers ended up coming off.. hope I'll get them back by the end of this month. Having some separation anxiety from my fenders haha.
    Last edited by RSKYBZ; 03-10-2018 at 12:37 AM.
    IG: @jvyjr_

Hope everyones been well. It's been awhile since I've been on here. It's been a hectic few months with school/finals, work, and life going on. No real updates to the car; It's been my reliable daily; driving it to work, school, and wherever I need to go. I'm still waiting for my fenders to come back from paint as well. Also looking at doing a few new mods this summer. Right now, I've put the OEM mirrors back on (got sick of the APR mirrors, and wanted some change), dialed in the fitment with stock fenders, and now saving cash for upcoming plans...

I've also been looking at owning another car (An ae86, or a cressida). Almost owned an SR5 AE86... until I saw the how bad the rust was (dammit Hawaii). Very clean in terms of interior, and well maintained on the mechanical side of things, but there was a big rust spot near the trunk and rear windshield area that left a gaping hole in the quarter panel. The dumbass in me wanted to buy it, but I told myself I just need to be a little patient. Wanted to purchase it as a daily (it was an automatic with low miles, second owner. First owner was an old lady... wouldve been perfect!), and possibly hoard parts/ strip it down and rebuild when I graduate college in a few years... but, back to just browsing waiting for the right car to come.

Anywho... sorry about the tangent there, looking to do some mods this summer and get the build thread going again. it's been stagnant since i've been saving money. My plans are to keep the car very oem+, and add a few goodies from Japan to accent the other parts I got going on. Get brakes, and enjoy driving the car. This summer, the build will go on!

How she sits as of right now.

Unsure how I feel about keeping the rear diffuser... but it'll stay for the time being.
    Last edited by RSKYBZ; 05-09-2018 at 12:51 AM.

looks really nice, i always had a plan in mind to get the apr mirrors. what did you think of them?
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

Instagram: @Ryandnt

Quote Originally Posted by RyanF View Post
    looks really nice, i always had a plan in mind to get the apr mirrors. what did you think of them?
    APR was good, I drove with it for almost 3 years! I just got tired of the look. Many guys say they cant see shit out of them, but for me I felt no difference from my oem mirrors and the apr mirrors.