Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142

Thread: Tire and Fitment question thread - stretch, offset, width, fenders, and more!

Quote Originally Posted by 004_sti View Post
    Damn! Oh well...if anyone is interested in a of 17x9.5 XD9 white they're in upgarage and everyone knows the ship worldwide now. Under 700 USD with tires.
    Didn't know that! Guess I'll be spending a little more time on upgarage now
    Instagram: @matt.lee.wfc_
    WFC #391
    Quote Originally Posted by hiimdreh View Post
    another Subaru some day.
    Though I'm not too fond of new Subaru owners recently.

I have a GC8 on 17x9 +35 RPF1s 225/45 and im trying to find out if ill have to add spacers to add enough camber to lower it. I have Megan Coils also.
    If I add 3mm spacers will i be able to get -3 to -4 front & Back with a tough Roll n Pull? Or will i even need spacers at all? i just want to lower enough to get rid of gap and tuck just a little bit. i still need function with my car being over 400awhp haha
    Last edited by RetroNome; 05-13-2016 at 02:35 AM.

Not really getting what you're trying to say.

But from what I've gathered 225/45 on a 9 is little to no stretch, and +35 on a GC will require a roll and pull. You'll probably need a good amount of camber to to tuck properly. You won't need spacers if your goal is to tuck slight tire but be flush and still have a good amount of functionality
    WFC #391
    another Subaru some day.

Guys just looking for some help I wanna change from my previous set up i am currently running 17x8 et40 with a 25mm spacer up front and a 40mm on the rear but I wanna run a set of 18's, now the fitment I have is perfect "for me" and want to have the same just running a larger rim and no spacers. I'm guessing with the spacers I was running 17x8 et15 F and et0R is that correct? I am looking at 18x9.5 et18 square I'm guessing I may need to run a rear spacer 15-20mm but is that a lot more than what I was running on the front? I have no way to test fit and the new rims I kinda pricey so don't wanna purchase and be unable to use. I would appreciate any helps or tips... Ta
    IMG-20161001-WA0007.jpg
    Last edited by Blipblip; 10-09-2016 at 04:33 AM.

Are you asking how the new specs would play out in relation to what you're currently running?
    If you want to do some compare and contrast try looking into willtheyfit.com
    You can put in your old specs and your new ones to see how they differ.

Hope this helps!
    WFC #391
    another Subaru some day.

Quote Originally Posted by RuhRohh View Post
    Are you asking how the new specs would play out in relation to what you're currently running?
    If you want to do some compare and contrast try looking into willtheyfit.com
    You can put in your old specs and your new ones to see how they differ.

Hope this helps!
    Yes that was exactly what i was asking.... Cheers i'll check out Willtheyfit.com

I have a 2009 STi that is still completely stock. My plans are to put it on bags so I can still take it up the mountain, etc. For car meets Id like to be able to air it out and have the fender tuck in between the tire and the rim. Im prepared to roll/pull the fenders, but Im stuck on how to measure for the "wrong" wheel size. I really like the look of the Rotiform IND-T wheels.

Just wondering if Im on the right track with my measurements. My stock wheels are 18x8.5 +55

An 18x9.5 +25 would push the wheel out by 1.68 inches (42.7mm) compared to stock.

A 19x10 +40 would push the wheel out by 1.34 inches (34mm) compared to stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian007 View Post
    I have a 2009 STi that is still completely stock. My plans are to put it on bags so I can still take it up the mountain, etc. For car meets Id like to be able to air it out and have the fender tuck in between the tire and the rim. Im prepared to roll/pull the fenders, but Im stuck on how to measure for the "wrong" wheel size. I really like the look of the Rotiform IND-T wheels.
    Just wondering if Im on the right track with my measurements. My stock wheels are 18x8.5 +55

An 18x9.5 +25 would push the wheel out by 1.68 inches (42.7mm) compared to stock.

A 19x10 +40 would push the wheel out by 1.34 inches (34mm) compared to stock.
    Stick with 18s. Cheaper tires, easier to fit on those cars. 18x9.5 +25 should be a pretty decent size to fit on a GR doing all the typical fender mods
    WFC #391
    another Subaru some day.

Quote Originally Posted by RuhRohh View Post
    Stick with 18s. Cheaper tires, easier to fit on those cars. 18x9.5 +25 should be a pretty decent size to fit on a GR doing all the typical fender mods
    The only reason I contemplated the 19s was because they came in a +40. I wasn't sure if +25 would be too aggressive or not.

The only reason I contemplated the 19s was because they came in a +40. I wasn't sure if +25 would be too aggressive or not.
    Run camber and 35 series sidewalls and you'll be good. 9.5 +25 with the right amount of camber and stretch should be perfect for that generation
    WFC #391
    another Subaru some day.

for reference here's a '10 STI on 18x10.5 +22 TE37s and he's running meaty ass tires (255/35)

Same car. I believe he was on 19x11 +25

Last edited by RuhRohh; 12-08-2016 at 06:09 PM.
    WFC #391
    another Subaru some day.

Thanks, that helps out a ton