Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 LastLast

Thread: Tire and Fitment question thread - stretch, offset, width, fenders, and more!

anyone have pics of a 215/35 federal on a 9.5" wheel. I can't find these achilles tires anywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by HipsterThrash View Post
    anyone have pics of a 215/35 federal on a 9.5" wheel. I can't find these achilles tires anywhere!
    http://www.onlinetires.com/user/vehi...allbrands.html
    Instructions for The Life of Low: avoid, swerve, angle, diagonal, rub, scrape, slow, live it, learn it, love it.
    rideout

You won't, they are gone ...... and prob never will be back

I just settled for "delente" or so something like that. Ill post pics soon

(215/35/18, 18x9.5)

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

Need some advice lol I'm currently running on 17x9.75+22 all around
    I'm getting new wheels and want bit more aggressive I was thinking about 17x9+5 F and 17x9.5+5 R
    Wat you guys think ha

I'm planning to run 19x8.5 +35 and 19x9.5 +35 & I was thinking of doing 215/35 all around. Would that be a weird set up since it's a staggered set up or should I just do 215/35 fronts & 225/35 rears? What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by DC5-proisac View Post
    Need some advice lol I'm currently running on 17x9.75+22 all around
    I'm getting new wheels and want bit more aggressive I was thinking about 17x9+5 F and 17x9.5+5 R
    Wat you guys think ha
    9.75.65 +22 VS 9 +5

even though +5 is a more aggressive offset, the wheel width is smaller (based off of: offset=distance from center of wheel).

after some calculation, the amount of "poke" or distance the wheel will "stick out" from the central hub (the lip width on 2 or 3 pc wheels) would be as follows...

9.75 +22 wheel will extend out about 4" from the center of the hub
    9 +5 wheel will extend out about 4.3" from the center of the hub

its not too much of a difference (about 8mm more "poke" with the lower offset +5 wheel), but cheaper tires with the thinner width wheel is always a good thing; especially since us WFC members love some camber! hah

Quote Originally Posted by KDL323 View Post
    I'm planning to run 19x8.5 +35 and 19x9.5 +35 & I was thinking of doing 215/35 all around. Would that be a weird set up since it's a staggered set up or should I just do 215/35 fronts & 225/35 rears? What do you guys think?
    Up you really. The whole buy 3 tires and get one free deal that most tire places run unfortunately doesn't usually apply to the kind and size tires we need for our cars; and rotating wheels with wider ones on the front (even though same size tire) would prob look kind of off... could work with some sick negative camber on fronts though, hah.

I dunno, seriously, its totally up to you. Just remember the more stretch on the sidewall the stiffer the sidewall and the less "give" the sidewall has to gather up available traction (a general rule is that one should always have more traction on the front tires because these are the ones that direct the car and help the most during braking).

Don't over think it though, tires wear out, one can always try something else later on too; plus research just prolongs progress haha
    Last edited by Cleantune; 06-29-2013 at 10:36 AM.
    well...I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong
    instagram:@cleantune ; Twitter: Cleantune@Cleantune2

Thanks we shall see wat I decide on on lol

First off I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong thread.
    But really need some help

I need to know how I can lower the front of my car in order to clear my fenders.

My fenders are rolled and pulled
    Wheels are 18x10 +30 and tires are 235/40

Camber is -4.
    M
    What I believe I have to do is throw a spacer on and add more camber. But I'm not sure because I can only go a slight hair lower before the fender is resting on the tire.

I'd really appretiate any help.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Member #565

Instagram 📷 @wrxspeed56

You're fine. Mine just touch my fenders full lock and I run the same camber but a 10.5 +22 on 245. You don't need spacer either. You have more than enough camber to no have issues touching that going lower.

Car looks fresh though thanks for posting that last pic
    Instructions for The Life of Low: avoid, swerve, angle, diagonal, rub, scrape, slow, live it, learn it, love it.
    rideout

So your saying. Just lower it and I should have no issues ? Because I was just worried about coilover travel and them smashing my fenders if I'm taking a turn and hit a bump.
    Member #565

Instagram 📷 @wrxspeed56

could always downsize to a 235/35/18. That will limit your choices in tire manufacturer though as its an oddball size

Just go lower anyway. I'm on 235/40s on my 10s. Pull the fenders a little bit and be careful on all your turns, that's what I do.
    IG: notmarshall
    My car is stupid.
    WFC #442

Guys i need your help once again.

SO i went to lower my car the other day and realized this is how my coils sit now.

Passenger side is on the left driver side is on the right

my car has never been in an accident.

I measured the spring length and they are equal. my car sits at an even ride height yet this is how my coils sit the left is almost touching the axel boot. and the right has about an inch to go. i called bc and thats how they said they are supposed to be but i dont believe that.

now ive been told to take them off the car and adjust them but i dont see how thats going to fix anything..

now i only need to go about a half inch lower. more would be better but i was also told to look into getting swift springs because first off i need stiffer springs and since they are shorter they would lower my car.

nick

Mine are the same except my passenger side is doing what your driver side is doing. I just took out the middle collar on that side to get lower and dropped the driver side like normal.
    WFC #436

Indecisive tire stretch question. 13 STI Hatch on bags, going 19x10.5 +22. 235/35 or 245/35? just enough stretch to get the fender to sit on the lip.

Quote Originally Posted by HipsterThrash View Post
    Mine are the same except my passenger side is doing what your driver side is doing. I just took out the middle collar on that side to get lower and dropped the driver side like normal.

I can't do that thou any lower on the passenger side and I'm gonna be destroying my Axel boot.
    Member #565

Instagram 📷 @wrxspeed56

hey guys

i want to put on a smaller tire on my 18x8 +35 wheel on our gen 1 mazda 3 sedan so i can take off my sportsline and put in some coils and go lower. in terms of how much more lower i can go how much of a difference would there be between a 205/40/18 and a 215/35/18?. locally in toronto there isn't too many options for the 205 size and what tires there is available are more expensive then the 215. so i would i really notice much difference between those 2 tire sizes.

thanks

Guys did I goof up and order the wrong tires . I have a BMW E38 and I am running 18x8f and 18x9.5 r and I just ordered 205/40F and 215/35R . I am new to the stance scene . Car is sitting on BC coils . Please help fast just incase I need to change my order !Thanks so much

Can someone please give me advice for going static as fuck.?

Im not tryin to go as low as Kirk but im trying to get there a lil haha.

Enkei RPF1 17 x 9

I DONT KNOW WHAT TIRES!
    205/40 or 215/40 or what?! I have a 2002 STi swapped wagon on coils. Someone gimme some advice

Debating on buying my friend's advan rg-d's for my m3 but not sure if they'll exactly fit without the need for crazy roll/pull
    Specs are 19x9 +12f with 265/30/19f and 19x10 +24r with 285/30/19r
    Pretty aggressive setup for an e46 but for $350 I somewhat don't want to pass them up
    Any help is appreciated